See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Guys, this was so unexpected that hotel is so good - location is faboulous - yes, it is not in dowtown - but we made it on purpose to stay next to the beach - it looks just perfect - the terrace is so cozy - you see the nature, sea and these wooden set up is just so wonderful! The hotel serves tasty breakfast with hot croissants, ham, cheese and big variaty of things! The rooms was big and with the sea view - so lovely. The bathroom is super clean and towels are fresh and nice. Personell is also very ncie, smiling and helpful! We enjoyed so much! :-))))

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2016

First time to Schiermonnikoog in march 2016
Overall impression of the house: Outside not too well taken care of (other impression as on the fotos), the restaurant inside looking stylish (but not serving diner, which wasnt made clear before). In the guest area was very bad maintained. Staircase torn. Room doors with hand notes from the construction workers. Furniture torn in a really bad condition, same with the floor. bathroom at least "OK".
Bad what caused us to leave the hotel before our first night (first time in twenty years of travelling) was some really bad noise (drill sound) from the neighbour room (seemed to be some kind of storage room for from the hotel) The first time i mentioned this the employee didnt take much care about it. When I told him later on, that we would leave the hotel, the owner showed up, who seemed to be angry about me complaint and pointed out, that we´re not forced to stay at the hotel during the daytime (with a small child used to have a nap at the daytime, especially after a long trip), than left without a word. I was pointing out, that I was interested in some kind of compromise, for example changing the room but he didn´t seem to care so we left. At Tjattel we had more look with the noise level, room quality and hospitality. I gave two points because of the comporomise "only" to charge 45 EUR for the cleaning when we left. But we were very disappointed with the overall impression.

Room Tip: No - because I wouldnt recommend the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights this week. We were supposed to have a "luxury room" but I suppose that referred to the view only. The room was far from luxurious, more Spartan like, really. I have to say that the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food was good. Room cleaning was just bad. I noticed a school girl was doing that, most likely trying to make an extra buck during her holiday. While I understand that in itself, hotel guests should not have to suffer their inexperience. Shower gel was not replaced in all those 3 days and left in the bathtub as we left it there. Beds were barely made up. Room rate 160 Euro per night, but here's an advice to non-European residents: the hotel does not take credit cards and if you don't have a European bank card, you will be unable to settle the bill unless you brings wads of cash....weird!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here two nights with a friend. It is a fairly large hotel, but it was pretty old and expired. It is supposed to be a 3 star hotel, but I would say it would be 2. The breakfast was okay, service too, but I did not like the room.

Room Tip: Just pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. We had great weather and rented bikes to check out the island. This hotel was a very nice place to stay; the hotelrooms are big enough and clean. The boxspring beds are very comfortabele and complete including enough towels, watercooker and free WIFI! The breakfast is great! The location of the hotel is right in the middle of the dunes and 50 meters from the beach. The staff is very nice and friendly. Absolutely recommended by us!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple