I stayed here off season, for a business meeting. There was reconstruction going on almost all floors. Normally I would hate that, but very strange, in this hotel it did not bother me. The whole atmosphere in the hotel is very friendly maybe that was the reason why it didn't bother me.
The new rooms look great, the restaurant is updated and look nice. One of my colleagues had some cleaning issues, which were solved properly. Food in the restaurant is not bad, but be sure you try restaurant "Brandaris" in the town. Hotel has everything you need: Several bars, bowling, swimming pool etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Schylge (4-stars) is in the lively harbour of the village West-Terschelling and has a wonderful view over the Wadden sea. The hotel views are dramatically influenced by the continuous movement of the sea and tidal changes. Hotel Schylge offers luxury and comfort. Restaurant 'Op West', one of the best on the island is led by star decorated chef Ton van Scheppingen. Within a short walk along the harbour you will find yourself in the charming village of West. Walking and cycle paths to the beach, woods and sea begin from both the front and back of the hotel. In the last few years Hotel Schylge has been largely renovated. The rooms have a luxurious designer feel but at the same time still manage to capture the unmistakable island feel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your WestCord Hotel Schylge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip West-Terschelling
- West-Terschelling Golden Tulip
- WestCord Hotel Schylge Terschelling, The Netherlands