“good breakfast small room”

Hotel Restaurant De Wolfsberg
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Groesbeek
Creetown, United Kingdom
“good breakfast small room”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The room is small and the beds are a bit funny, like one sleeps on a hill. But very clean. the breakfast is very good. Nice local bread. You need to cut it yiurself, but it is really worthwile. People are friendly and location is beautiful, with a view on cows running right in front of the hotel. And a. small forest next door as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Den haag
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The hotel is on a stunningly beautiful spot, from the room we had a view over the valley, which was really nice. Very comfy beds, extra long, suitable for very tall people. A great breakfast buffet with good coffee, a lot of fruit and several varieties of eggs. We were with a group of 15 people, and to be honest I don;t think it is an easy group to have in your restaurant. Some fo us drink a lot and tend to get noisy, some of us are very critical, The staff approached us with sense of humor, friendly, open minded, light heartedly. We also had two meals there, included in the arrangement. The food is excellent. The first evening there were not enough fries on the table but they obviously heard our comments, because the next evening there were plenty!

the hotel in on route of the Pieterpad, of which we walked about 35 kilomters this weekend. It is great to come to the hotel after a long walk, and enjoy the view, the beer, the good wine, the lovely food, the friendly staff and the wonderful beds!

Room Tip: Room 14 is beauiful, room 11 too, they have the best view!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
British Columbia
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I stayed in Hotel de Wolfsberg on my first night following a trans-Atlantic flight and a day of train travel so I was especially grateful when I entered this beautiful establishment and was given a warm welcome and a key to a large, corner room with high ceilings and a large comfortable bed. I was in awe of the surroundings, especially the view from the dining room which overlooks rolling fields with woods on either side. There is heated outdoor patio seating as well as a cozy bar. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my two night stay here. I had a feeling of luxury and pampering myself without any trace of snobbishness or pretension. I was pleased to learn that the hotel had bicycles available to rent for 8 euros per day so I took the opportunity to visit the Canadian War Memorial Cemetery nearby and to explore the many bike paths. The breakfast was excellent, as was dinner. My salmon was prepared to perfection - but the tranquility and view alone would have been enough to justify choosing to dine in the hotel.
If you are planning a visit to the war cemetery or the Liberation museum (both in Groesbeek), then Hotel Restaurant de Wolfsberg is definitely the place to stay. You will enhance your visit by enjoying the many bikepaths and walking trails that start from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Helvoirt, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 April 2012

with 4 friends we stayed in this hotel.Nice refurbished old hotel in beautiful surroundings.
excellent food and wines.i really enjoyed the 2 ways prepared wild pig.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Stockport
Reviewed 2 November 2011

What a true delight!. On arrival I knew that my one night's stay would not be enough to really appreciate this fine hotel. After checking in I enjoyed a much needed beer on the terrace overlooking the village fields and woods - very pleasant. The evening meal lived up to expectations with a very different style of menu ranging from a la carte to a 9 course sample dinner that demonstrated the culinary skills of the chefs. My choice after considering the 3 course "October" dinner - a fixed choice was the 4 course alternative. The wild boar was exceptional as was every other course. There was an excellent choice of wines to support the meal - by the glass or bottle.
There was free wi-fi available throughout the hotel. The room was quiet, the drapes kept out any light and the furnishings were very comfortable.
Breakfast was a self-service buffet - plenty of ham, cheese, fruits, breads etc plus some hot dishes.
The cost was not budget priced but in my view these reflected the comfort, service and ambienece of the hotel. I would pay them again,
A nice touch the next day was being contacted by the hotel regarding a pair of glasses left in my room. It was no trouble for me to return to collect them but they had already offered to post them to my home address.

Room Tip: There are 19 bedrooms, 17 with showers and 2 with baths.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groesbeek
Resort de Zeven Heuvelen
#1 of 2 in Groesbeek
Stadscentrum
Mercure Nijmegen Centre
Mercure Nijmegen Centre
#2 of 13 in Nijmegen

Been to Hotel Restaurant De Wolfsberg? Share your experiences!