“Perfectly good hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Veendam B&B and Inns
Bourne, Lincolnshire
“Perfectly good hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, and an excellent restaurant are what I recall of this hotel.

My room was clean and comfortable, but slightly dated. The wardrobes rather loomed over the bed, and it was a struggle to get round the end of the bed to get to the bathroom in the dark. But the bed was very good and the room was very quiet.

The shower room was a bit tired, but plenty of hot water, and a big easily regulated radiator kept the room clean. I don't like plastic-wrapped plastic tumblers, and wall mounted soap dispensers, but I understand why they exist. The towels were a bit tired and not really large enough but they were brightly clean and changed daily without petty notices about saving things, which makes a welcome change.

Internet access was fast and fuss-free with none of the periodic disconnect so common in more parsimonious hotels. The room had a kettle, and somewhere to easily plug it, something more expensive hotels cannot manage.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

Located in a nice location near shopping area of Veendam with parking available at the back.
Friendly man assisted checking in and others greated warmly when they walked by. A warm reasonalby size room welcomed me and had a good shower after traveling 6300km. A proper bed that slept great, tea boiler in the room and a tv on the wall. For Dutch style hotels, I was certainly satisfied.
Bar and restaurant area is nice and well stocked with great drinks, good food and a barman that knew exactly when to offer prior me dehydrating. Service was fast,smooth and friendly that made me tip well.
Living in the Middle East has me adjusted to higher temperatures, thus I found it a little uncomfortable waking up at 4am, (early bird). Room had stopped providing me the warmth I was looking for. Tried the termostats but all stayed cold, walking to the reception to find nobody to talk to made me require to go back to my room watching tv with my jacked on. I need to say that 95% of europeans probably would not notice this.
Breakfast at6 am, friendly lady showed the way and a good varity of good qualty was avaiblable.
I would certainly stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Herman M
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

From the minute we arrived we were made to feel at home. This hotel is just great. The beds are so comfortable and the mattresses don't slide away from each other in the middle of the night resulting in your waking up feeling like you have been stuffed into a pillow. I had the best sleep. Even though it was a busy time around there was nothing but silence from my room and odd sound of the church bell. The bathroom was really roomy and the shower was of great pressure and unlike previous hotels the shower head actually wanted to wash me and not the shower wall. The breakfast was so yummy I want to go back now and have some more. The bacon was just delicious and the cheese YUM, and I am the fussiest eater. The staff were so lovely and friendly and really patient. If you are in the area do not pass this place honest it's just great :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank helenam8

Been to Holland Hotel Parkzicht? Share your experiences!