RafJam's Bed & Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Strawberry Hill(Kingston)
Liguanea Club(Kingston)
US$160
US$280
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe riverblue mountainsat homethe ownercoffee plantationlooking forwardred lightrental carmy boyfriendbeautiful placehiking trailslove naturechickenport antoniothe main houseevery meallove jamaica
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My friend and I started our 10-day adventure in Jamaica with a 2-night stay at Rafjam based on a recommendation from a friend and former guest. The property is nestled into the hills of the beautiful Blue Mountains, where days are sunny and nights are comfortably cool (no need for AC). The property includes a river and small waterfall, where guests can cool down after a hike around the mountains. I felt really at home at Rafjam and was very sad to leave. Susan, the owner, lives on-site, and her family lives next door and across the street. Friendly pets (cats and dogs) greet you when you arrive at Rafjam, and birds and butterflies abound in Rafjam's lush, tropical gardens. This is the perfect place to stay if your looking for a peaceful, relaxing, beautiful, realistic experience in Jamaica. At Rafjam, you can avoid all the tourist traps and the chaos of Kingston to catch a glimpse of real life in the Jamaican hills. I felt like I was a personal guest rather than a tourist here, which added a level of comfort I always seek while traveling to new places. The price was impressively low considering how comfortable the accommodations were and how beautiful the property was. You also get a discount if you stay at Goblin Hill, where Rafjam's owner's husband is the Manager, after staying at Rafjam. Susan, the owner, is a sweetheart and a very genuine person who makes you feel at home and comfortable. There are some attractions within walking distance too - a coffee plantation, beautiful hikes, a Rasta community, some gardens, and horseback riding. Plus, it's only 30 minutes from Kingston if you need a dose of nightlife. I spent most of my time lounging on one of the hammocks overlooking the river. I've traveled a lot throughout the world, but Jamaica and the Blue Mountains specifically, is now on my top-3 list of favorite places. I missed Rafjam for weeks after I left - it was my favorite part of our trip along with Goblin Hill in Port Antonio. I highly recommend the Blue Mountains and Rafjam during your trip to Jamaica.

Room Tip: Susan had just finished building the cottage on-site - a more luxurious, larger 3-story building that would be perfect for groups or families. The rest of the rooms are in the main building with a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
cjam10, Manager at RafJam's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

So happy that we could help make Jamaica so wonderful for you. Hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I think this is a place that comes closest to paradise, cool mountain setting with a cold natural pool from a mountain spring, the garden is set up carefully to match the surroundings, a place full of peace and relaxation.

We just walked in and had no reservation so there was only two people from the staff, but they did everything to make us feel welcome, a place I surely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Uta H
cjam10, Owner at RafJam's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Utah H, Thank you for your review, we were very happy to welcome you both here and are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. AT Rafjam we aim to please, please come and visit again soon......Susan

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Great place and fantastic people! We stayed at their wooden cottage and it was fabulous. The bathrum is absolutley stunning and so is the natural stone on bottom floor. The view from the upstares bedrooms are also really nice. The small stream outside and the beautiful nature really makes this place magical. We had a lot of business in Kingston but did not want to stay there as it's so much husslin everywhere. So it was nice to get a way up to the mountains and eat some good food at Rafjam. No people trying to sell you stuff just some nice food, john holt and some red stripe. We had a 1 year old with us so we got very happy about having some kitchen facilites. Even if you are not visiting the mountains and you just have business in Kingston it's worth the 40 min drive down just to get out of town for the night.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Hello Tom, It was a great pleasure having you here at Rafjam, we saw you really loved it here to be able to return three times in one trip, is an honor to us, Thank you for visiting us and hope to see you again soon.

Susan

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Great spot from with to discover the blue mountains scenery and atmosphere.
Getting to rafjam from Kingston is easy, rather ask for their preferred taxi driver or drive up the hills. Ask for directions. The way from the main road to the B&B is a dirt road and part of the experience, I had no problem with my rented toyota Corolla, by night.
Arriving there, the place is very clean, large rooms and bathrooms, and large smiles welcoming you.
We were a group of 14 and had no problem having our meals on the deck outside. There are covered places if you fear the sun or the rain. The menu is great with choices for various tastes, we really appreciated the local meals from breakfast to dinner.
The temperature was naturally cooler in the mountain than on the seaside, but there was no need to have a sweater on at this time. we rather had a swim in the natural swimming pool and a red stripe at the Tiki Bar.
We had first chose this B&B against the other short listed because it had many activities that could be organized. We visited a coffee plantation and went up blue mountain peak by night .
Beyond the scene, the place, the atmosphere, was a dedicated team managed by Susan. Very open and willing to share what their country has best in the mountains. Thank you all for taking care of us ! We had a great time and know where to go when we come back in the mountains.
Andrew

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Andrew, my staff and i always feels good when our guests can leave and are totally happy, we are very happy we could cater for your group and deliver in a great manner, We are happy you had a great time here. Please we will welcome you back at Rafjam the next time you visit. see you soon......Susan

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Me and my boyfriend went here together with two friends and their baby. We came here twice, both time because we had some things to do in Kingston, and we didn't want to live in the town. We shared the tree house together. What a place! Beutiful garden, wonderful house, and kind staff. The owners, and the staff really make you feel welcome and at home.

Good to know is that the road to Raf Jam is kind of a adventure. We had a rental car, and loads of luggage. Some of us had to walk a part of the road. But, as long as you are careful it is really nog a problem to get there!

I highly reccomend everybody to stay here! You will probably not regret it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Lovisa, Thank you for your review, We are extremely happy you had a great time here, we were very happy to host you. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.....Susan