I found out about Rafjam through Tripadvisor and booked it a couple of months before my departure. Susan was so kind and helpful in our mail-correspondence and I couldn't wait for getting there after reading all the great reviews.
Rafjam was all I ever dreamed of. It's located in beautiful surroundings, the staff is amazing and my cheesefilled chicken was the best meal I had during my two weeks in Jamaica, of course with a Red Stripe to go with it:)
I only spent one night there, in the beautiful tree-house that's feels luxury and comfortable all in one. I spent some hours on the balcony, just feeling the peaceful atmosphere, walked around and said hello to the cute puppies and enjoyed some time at the terrace with some good music surrounding me. The beautiful nature and peace and stillness makes you feel that you're in another world.
I fell in love with the place at first sight as I told Susan many times, "I love this, I can almost cry", and it was true. I so hope that I can go back some day and stay much longer.
I wish Susan, her son, Richard The driver, and everyone else I met the best, see you next time!
//Helena from Sweden
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the valleys of the Blue Mountains, Rafjam Bed and Breakfast offers an authentic, local Jamaican experience like none other. Rafjam is located up the B1 highway from Papine in Kingston. After about a 30 minute drive and arrival to the town of Red Light, turn right on Hopewell Road and drive all the way down the cul-de-sac. Nestled between two rivers, the guest accommodations are perched high above the natural scenery: the cascading river in our backyard or the fleeting glimpse of a hummingbird sipping rain water from the petals of a heliconia. The climate in the mountains drifts from sun to cloud all day, with scattered rain. Rafjam offers an ideal spot to soak in the soothing Jamaican sun while not getting scorched along the way. You can always jump into one of the many freshwater pools on the property to cool off, or climb up to the 15 foot waterfall just five minutes away. Born and raised in Springdale Cove, Susan inherited her parent's house and decided to refurbish. Eager to offer a taste of paradise to everyone, she opened these magnificent Blue Mountain Cottages with the help of her husband. This vivacious, real Jamaican lady and her professional, laid back team will welcome you and provide whatever you need for you to enjoy your stay. Rafjam's kitchen serves a variety of succulent Jamaican and international cuisines. Our team includes world renowned chefs who evoke their Caribbean, North and South American, and European palates with their culinary creations. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available. A special request? We will cook according to your taste. Many of the items we serve are grown organically right here in our own backyard or acquired directly from local farmers. A global, eco-friendly gustatory experience in the quiet heart of the Blue Mountains.Five star service in a family setting... you will surely be back again! Rafjam: service beyond expectation... Rafjam also has a hostel in Kingston towN,for those of you who wants to stay closer to Kingston for night life, beach, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your RafJam's Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafjam`s Bed & Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages And Nature Hotel Irish Town
- Rafjam`s Bed And Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages And Nature