“Very Disappointing Stay”

Fort Resort Beemster
Windsor, England, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointing Stay”
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

I had a day free during a business trip to visit Dutch countryside and this hotel had good reviews. I used booking.com and they mentioned bicycle hire and free wi-if. The wi-if was true, bicycle hire was not available and I specifically chose the hotel to cycle to Edam and Voldendam, instead of which I had a to call a taxi at €44 each way. The girl on reception wasn't very polite, nor helpful, felt like all the effort was on my part. She had no local knowledge, didn't offer any info on the hotel and I felt they didn't want me to stay. If I hadn't pre-paid I would have left immediately. The spa was extra € and so was the outdoor pool. I had a quick look around while waiting and thought I'd walked into the ladies changing room by mistake, then realized this was a nudist spa. As a lone business traveller I would not recommend this hotel. Interior renovation was well done but there was no atmosphere, a harsh exterior, nowhere to walk or relax outside (where was the garden?), and frankly I was delighted to leave. The hotel felt lonely and there were few guests. Noise reverberated down the old corridors of the fort. On departure, although I'd paid a reservation on Amex, the hotel wouldn't accept my card. Very disappointing overall.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Belluno
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Excellent! The most relaxing place I have ever been, I can say if the paradise would exist, it would be something similar to Fort Resort.
Excellent restaurant, excellent rooms, excellent SPA.
Absolutely recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IlVesh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zuidoostbeemster
Van der Valk Hotel Purmerend
Van der Valk Hotel Akersloot / A9
De Rijper Eilanden
De Rijper Eilanden
#1 of 2 in De Rijp

Been to Fort Resort Beemster? Share your experiences!