“Will come back with friends !!!”
Review of Lucky Lake Hostel

Lucky Lake Hostel
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Lucky lake is too good hostel. I enjoyed each and every minute in this hostel. Most important thing it is with in your budget , facilities are too good.Lucky lake cinema is too good and i watched two movies in that... I recommend to every one... come in group and enjoy each and every minute in this hostel.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I spent 3 nights here with my friends and honestly didn't want to leave at the end of our stay. The staff are so friendly and will help you with anything and the facilities are very good. To have your own caravan is really good as you get your own personal space and don't need to worry about the safety of your things. The hostel is so colourful and warm and has an amazing atmosphere. Some people might not like to be outside of the city but my friends and myself loved it because you could really relax and it felt so safe especially if you want to try some of Hollands delicacies!

Would highly recommend and will definately go back :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed for 5 nights for our first trip to Amsterdam, and were completely charmed by the hostel : full of colors, a staff always ready to help.. my english is not good enough for me to talk about all the details, but here is our conclusion : we'll come back, we couldn't imagine a best place to enjoy our trip ! Thank you for everything !

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My two friends and I stayed here for 2 nights and it was one of the nicest places in Amsterdam. The staff were really welcoming and gave us a map suggesting the best places to go. It's a little out of the way of the city centre, but it's totally worth staying here. They've got a cinema that's really comfortable, and with a collection of awesome movies, a communal smoking room that's filled with board games, a piano and a guitar! Definitely the best place to stay in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We have been staying here for 3 nights and were totally amazed. you can just see and feel how much love has been put into this hostel.
the best part is that you can have your own private space as you rent a small trailer for yourself, or a friend or whatever. and even the dorms are big enough for everyone living in there with enough private space.
breakfast is served in an old school bus on the site and you can have as much you want. during the day the outdoor kitchen can be used to cook stuff and store your groceries in the fridges.
in the lucky lake hostel you can do everything at your own pace and time and no one is stopping you from it.
and when you have enough of amsterdam just rent a bike or a boat and take trips on the lakes or the very beautiful and charming countryside or the small city around the corner.
we have spend only 3 nights but coming back I feel as relaxed as a two week vacation somewhere else.
I think this is a close as it gets if you look for the fountain of youth.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of a interrailing trip round Europe. Originally wanted somewhere that was in the centre but came across lucky lake on trip advisor and saw that it was very highly rated.
Arrived at hollendrecht station whilst it was pouring it down but there was lots of bus shelters and the station itself to wait at until the shuttle came which was on time.
Checking in was simple and we were given a booklet of all important info including maps to the nearest village. We stayed in one of the cabins (or Wendy houses as my boyfriend liked to call it) which was very clean, cosy and had lots of room under the bed to store luggage.
Sadly the weather wasn't too good during our stay so we didn't get to try out any of the activities by the lake however we made use of the bikes and in site cinema which were both fun to do.
For our third night in Amsterdam we stayed in a central hotel so we could be nearer the station however this was a mistake as it was basic and very noisy, wish we could have spent the extra night in lucky lake!
Transport isn't a problem due to the shuttle and they have a deal with a taxi service incase you were arriving back after 1.30am (which I think is the last shuttle from the station)

Very relaxing and enjoyable stay and would thoroughly recommend to friends

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had an absolutely amazing break at Lucky lake with my boyfriend Kris and would recommend it to any traveller who wants a relaxing place to retreat to. I've stayed in the centre of Amsterdam before and for me it has been too intense but this was an entirely different experience. I couldn't fault the hostel in anyway, it was the best campsite/hostel I have been to by far! We arrived and it was raining but the shuttle bus arrived on time and did so for the rest of the week.The drivers/hostel staff were all super friendly and very helpful and not for a moment did we feel uncomfortable or unwelcome in our surroundings. Although it was a wet day, the accommodation (caravan) was spotless and warm inside due to a heater and had loads of space to store luggage. The location was beautiful and bike hire was so cheap, we really enjoyed our trip into the near by town. The facilities were fantastic, excelling all expectations including a (very stylish) smoking room with games, kitchen area, free internet, small tuck shop and cinema. The breakfast was delicious and the staff went the extra mile to make sure that the guests were 100% happy. I would recommend renting a movie for 1 euro and making use of the caravan cinema (they have a huge film list and beanags!). We both felt so at home at Lucky lake and were so sad to leave but will return again soon! We <3 Lucky Lake!

1  Thank Rebecca M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vinkeveen
Hotel V Fizeaustraat
#7 of 372 in Amsterdam
XO Hotels Couture
#44 of 372 in Amsterdam
Eastern Docklands (Oostelijk Havengebied)
Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy
Generator Hostel Amsterdam
#9 of 237 in Amsterdam

Been to Lucky Lake Hostel? Share your experiences!