“great position”
Review of Dedeman Sanliurfa

Dedeman Sanliurfa
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Sanliurfa
Reviewed 27 June 2013

the free internet was great for travellers, the service was a good standard but could be better. The buffet breakfast was very good and the variety was fantastic. the hotel in close to all the sights and wish we were there for more than 1 night. room was well maintained and a great view.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tassie2011
DedemanSanliurfaOtel, General Manager at Dedeman Sanliurfa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Tassie2011,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at the Dedeman Şanlıurfa Hotel during your stay.

Your comments have been shared with our Team members accordingly and we are looking forward to Welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Berati TUNCER
GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Internet good. Staff very friendly and helpful. Beer cold. One criticism, the business centre had no toner in the printer, for 3 days. We needed this facility for our business in Sanliurfa. Must improve for business customers

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
DedemanSanliurfaOtel, General Manager at Dedeman Sanliurfa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Guest,

We do appreciate your positive feedbacks and we continue to improve our standard of service at all times. We have also shared the feedback about the printer with the related department and necessary replacements have been done already.

Berati TUNCER
GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Turkey is an exciting and vibrant country. I have to ask why does its most visible hotel chain present an unappealling face to its visitors? Maybe they were once a monopoly and didn't have to meet any standards of service? Things are changing and they better literally clean up their act and start putting more money and care into their properties instead of into thier pockets. This is my first experience with them and I dread the second one coming up in a few days. This hotel ran counter to Turkey's penchant for cleanliness, it's staff appeared to be sour about something and the food was an insult to the local cuisine. And, you get to pay a pretty penny this level of service.
My regret is I didn't check the reviews and the options w Ttrp Avisor before I let my travel agency book this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cstrum
DedemanSanliurfaOtel, General Manager at Dedeman Sanliurfa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Dear Cstrum,
We would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your experience at the Dedeman Sanlıurfa Hotel.
We are extremely sorry about the unsatisfactory level of service that you experienced during your stay and we can assure you that the matter has been thoroughly investigated and will not re-occur.
We do hope that we will be in a position to Welcome you back at the Dedeman Sanlıurfa Hotel and redeem ourselves.
Once again, thank you very much for bringing your dissatisfaction with the levels of service to our attention.
Aydın Duran

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Good

1. The room is large and has a sofa, arm chair, desk and work chair. There is a good
lamp (for working) on the desk. There are tea and coffee making facilities.
2. Breakfast was above average with plenty of choice, lots of tables and good access to tea and coffee.

Negatives

1. The address given for the hotel needs to be checked. The websites I looked at show the hotel as being on Ataturk Cd. This is also the address that my GPS has for the hotel. The hotel states (on its website) that it is located on Hastane St. Google maps has 3 Hastane Cds. in Sanliurfa – none of which has the hotel on it. Whereas Google maps shows the hotel as being at the junction of Sht. Nusret Cd. and Metoroloji Cd. This confusion lead me to make several passes through the town center in heavy traffic and heat – whereas the correct address would have gotten me here 25 minutes earlier and with a lot less hassle on a hot day. Getting the location of the hotel correct is fairly basic stuff.

2. I presented my paperwork at reception and the receptionist started to search. This took several minutes and he behaved as if he could not find the reservation. This involved calling colleagues, checking and re-checking my passport to ensure my name was correctly spelled. However, with 2 other colleagues involved, my booking was found. I was ignored during this time. During the check-in process I was told nothing about the hotel, breakfast hours, the fact that there is a pool and fitness center and so on. My room key was then handed to a porter: no mention of “The porter will show you to your room”. Having come 6,000 miles without anyone to show me the way and having got here on the right date, I am perfectly capable of getting a few floors to my room. So I asked for the key to my room. Instead of giving it to me the staff started to insist that the porter would take me. Of course, when I am paying such insistence only makes me decline more firmly. If I was to design a course on how not to run a hotel reception I couldn’t have done better.

3. There is parking at the hotel, but it appears to be only accessible by hotel staff driving your car. I got a handy receipt for the car saying that the hotel isn’t responsible for any loss or damage to the contents of the car or any damage to the car during the time that they are parking it. I think that has invalidated my car hire insurance terms as well as being completely unreasonable. Today on wanting to use my car, no staff member was available to find and give me the key. Again, large numbers of staff were involved, radios were used. The staff member appeared but he was then set to another floor while I waited at reception. Eventually that task was completed and I was finally given the key to my car. The valet had turned on the alarm (it is a hire car and I wasn’t shown how to operate the alarm) and so I opened the door and the alarm started to go off with me not having any idea of how to stop it. Some more searching and I found the valet and he turned off the alarm. Again, I was frustrated at this experience – valet parking is supposed to be a convenience - this felt like being treated as a nuisance and kept waiting.

4. I arrived at my room and decided to try the free internet provided in the room. I followed the instruction card and it doesn’t work. Back down to reception to report this. The receptionist writes out the instructions on the card in my room and gives them to me. I tell her that I have tried that and my notebook says that the wifi signal is too weak. She then takes me to the business center to show me how to follow the instructions she has given me – even though I can’t get the form she wants me to complete on my screen – because the wifi signal is too weak. After 30 minutes I say that I am not going to wait any longer and ask if there is a complaints system for me to record my dissatisfaction with this experience. Suddenly a manager appears, he reassures me that someone will come to my room and fix the problem. 5 minutes later a man comes to my room with a cable, plugs it in and the computer connects to the internet! By the way, he mentions that he knows that there are problems with the routers on this and other floors (but apparently reception staff don’t know this). I am pleased that I now have access to the internet but not pleased that it has taken about 50 minutes to get it.

5. A quick look around my room and both the windows are very dirty (looks like they haven’t been cleaned in a year) – shame because I am on the 10th floor with a potentially good view. I sit down and pull the desk chair towards me and the arm flies off in my hand. It has clearly been broken for some time. The shower is part of a bath – but the bath plug doesn’t work so it is only a shower with the extra inconvenience of having to climb in and out of a bath. I tried to use the bath plug and it became stuck – so I had a shower and the water wouldn’t drain. It just feels shoddy. On my last morning I find water standing in the bath from last night and the plug won’t shift – so much for the maintenance call of yesterday to fix this problem.

6. The room has no iron or ironing board.

7. There is a fridge in the room with a glass door and an internal light. It is very bright at night. I turned it off and worried that I was damaging the contents. But I found out that the fridge is turned off when I go out of the room anyway and I shouldn’t have worried.

8. I returned from diner on Friday evening at 22:00 and a live band was playing above the ceiling of my room. The drums in particular were loud and eerie through the ceiling. Fortunately, the music ceased at 22:50 – but not my idea of a relaxing 50 minutes late evening in my room. I believe that hotels should stick with being hotels; weddings, discos, live bands and hotels don’t mix. In Los Vegas I stay in hotels and visit casinos.

9. On checking out a manager said that I had that I hadn’t paid (I was new to Turkish hotels at the point and was soon to learn not to believe hotel staff). So I paid. On checking that evening I found that I had paid in full at the time I booked. I telephoned the hotel 7 times, emailed the hotel twice and emailed the head office of the hotel. None of these were acknowledged / I wasn’t able to talk to people who could help. Eventually I contacted the booking website. First they said that they would contact the hotel and get them to refund the charge. In the end they seem to have given up and the website itself refunded the charge to me. So, I have my money back from the double charge – but it has taken a long time and a lot of effort. It is hard to find words that adequately describe this poor customer service from the hotel. Completely unsatisfactory.

Conclusion

I would never stay at this hotel again. It is trying to be a full service hotel but the staff and systems aren’t up to it. I wish I had stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn – a bit further out of the centre but lots of parking on site and a new hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Joe_33

Dear Joe-33
We do hope that we will be in a position to Welcome you back at the Dedeman Şanlıurfa Hotel and redeem ourselves.
Aydın Duran

Reviewed 14 August 2012

The hotel as far accommodation goes I had no problem with. And its fairly close to all of the cities fascinating attractions. However, they tried to over bill us twice in one month. The first time we thought it might be an honest mistake (me and a friend both got ridiculous bills). Also, watch out when you sign for food or beverages. They might just keep adding stuff to your check even after your signature. Again all this might be just some honest mistakes. The Sanliurfa Hilton is worth checking out by the way.

Room Tip: Any room close to the elevators is usually a good idea.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Showmethehoney
DedemanSanliurfaOtel, General Manager at Dedeman Sanliurfa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear username Showmethehoney,

We would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your less than enjoyable experience at the Sanliurfa Dedeman Hotel.
We are extremely sorry about the unsatisfactory level of service that you experienced during your stay with us, we do take each and every Guest/s comments very seriously and we can assure that the appropriate measure have been in place in order to avoid a re-occurrence of this sort.
We do hope that we will be in a position to Welcome you back at the Sanliurfa Dedeman Hotel and redeem ourselves.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Spa is good. Water is free in spa which is normal if your service philosophy has good capabilities. in year-end celebrations loudness was high and no dinner service. But you can eat at another locations in downcenter.

Oveall good

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank tansudasli
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We have stayed in Urfa Dedeman on our recent trip and satisfied very much with the quality of their rooms and service.

The five star hotel is located in a more residential part of Urfa so it is not a short walking distance from main attraction , you may walk but driving or cab saves time. I did not use but saw public transportation was available. Anyway expect very quite environment offering good sleeping quality. The recently opened hotel looks and feels clean.

Our room for three was very big with two double beds, large dressing table with ketlle and tea, a comfortable sitting area with two couches, basic mini bar and safe. The bathroom is spacious and well designed, complete with fluffy towels, toiletries and hair dryer.

The hotel has many services that we did not have time to use like covered pool, spa, turkish bath etc.

The personel is courteus and friendly. The breakfast buffet was very good offering good selection of bakery, cereals, cheese , fresh fruits, tea and coffee etc...

We were served dinner at the terrace where the dinner was mainly local food and it was good but the ambiance was not very impressive. Place was big and the tables were scattered.

Overall the sleeping quality was very good. The rooms were good staff was friendly and the service was good.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family