“Superb management and holiday”
Review of Teos Village

Teos Village
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Seferihisar
London, United Kingdom
“Superb management and holiday”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Just returned from week with Neilson in Teos. Best holiday with them by far, and all very pleased. The venue really felt like it was owned by Shaun & Wendy, and the mix (larger proportion) of local Turkish staff and British staff worked really well.

Food & service - excellent, really good personal touches, and good effort with all evening meals.
Hotel - meticulously run, nothing was too much effort
Activities - first rate with kids, and really accommodating with adults and ad hoc requests.

Definitely convinced to re-book for next year

Room Tip: A no brainier when taking family, and best of sunsail, mark Warner etc, by miles.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This was our second trip to Teos and the first time I've ever returned to a resort despite many wonderful holidays. I was apprehensive that the experience wouldn't live up to our first trip - but I needn't have worried, if anything it was an even better holiday this year.

The hotel is beautiful, spotlessly clean and wonderfully maintained by the lovely housekeeping and grounds team. The reception team could not be more helpful and are a great source of advice and in-resort gossip.

The restaurant has a great view and enough choice that you don't get bored over 2 weeks. It's not on the same scale as large Caribbean hotel buffets, but the quality is good and the staff go out of their way to ensure the dining experience is excellent. The pide and freshly baked breads are wonderful as are the salads. We dined on the resort for some of the non-inclusive nights and I can highly recommend the fajitas....delicious. And DO NOT MISS THE BBQ! One of the food highlights.

The bar staff are all really friendly and always made me laugh at the end of the day of activities, they create a great social atmosphere and make the bar a very welcoming place to relax throughout he stay. And if you head to the moonlight on a Friday night you may be lucky enough o catch them dancing as they serve you too.

Of course it's the activities that make this holiday so special. I literally tried everything this year and was massively impressed by all the staff and the organisation overall. Wind conditions were variable for water based activities but the team did a great job of making sure you got out and had fun. I'd read some less flattering reviews of the beach team from earlier in the season, but I have to say everyone was really helpful during my stay. Nothing was too much trouble and they were always ready to offer advice, have a friendly chat and help you out if needed. Plus there was always good banter which I really enjoyed. Our beginners windsurfing group spent most of the week laughing (and trying to stay standing) and level 2 sailing was also good fun. I started out pretty afraid of going in a boat alone but the team were really encouraging and I felt pretty comfortable by the end of the course. Sam (pico clinic), Becky and Paul must've gotten sick of telling me to pull my sail in....but they kept doing it anyway and never made me feel stupid for the fact I never quite knew where the wind was. :) And every one of the many staff who helped me get on and off the beach each day always had an encouraging word. The safety boats do a great job of checking up on you and are actually really quick to respond if you need them.

The ski team were all brilliant this year too - my only regret is I didn't ski in my first week. Get out there - they make it so easy to learn, the pontoons a great place to start your day, the team were really welcoming.

The bike rides were excellent - stunning scenery and plenty of variety on the difficulty levels. The radio mast ride felt like punishment at the time, but the sense of achievement afterwards was fab.

Fitness classes were great too, Dan was covering for one of the weeks and worked us hard but it was always good fun. Cardio tennis is ace! It will earn you beer points.

And then there's tennis....it was good to see Joe back again this year and he and Paddy were a hilarious double act. The exhibition match is pure entertainment, and booze & balls was such a laugh. I've never liked tennis, but Neilson has changed my mind completely - its now the first thing I sign up for.

Finally after all that - the spa is well worth a visit. Great value and superb treatments. I'd also highly recommend the ladies night....it was good fun, and has completely changed my evening make-up removal ritual....and my skin has never felt better.

My only complaint about Teos...and it is a small one, was the lack of entertainment in resort in week 2. Week 1 was fab, the staff entertainment in particular was brilliant. But week 2 was much more sedate (ents managers week off) and already being physically exhausted after a day of exercise we found without entertainment to keep us there we probably left the bar much earlier than we otherwise would have done. (Maybe not a bad thing).

To summarise my very long review - the resort is wonderful, the staff are incredible - every team does a great job and Wendy and Shaun hold it all together beautifully, we really felt at home at Teos - we will be back again! It's an excellent advert for Neilson - but Thomas Cook need to sort their flights out.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Helen M
Stoke on trent
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We have just come back from a great 2 weeks in Teos. The staff were as attentive as ever, the tuition was great despite the varying wind conditions, they were always around to give tips despite it being outside our lesson times, we were able to fit in more activities as there were some added catch up sessions. The food was brilliant. Thanks again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Durateymur, General Manager at Teos Village, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
So pleased you visited Teos again this summer, you will be alwys welcome as a part of our family.
See you next year.

Your Teos Team.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Just to say it was absolutely perfect. All the staff were top draw and made it a very special week break for us and we will be definitely be going back ASAP!!! I cannot fault anything and it was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. BTW we have been all over the world on many different types of holiday!

Review collected in partnership with Thomas Cook

Wow what a wonderfull review, big smileys from here.

Thank you.
hereford
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Last night my wife and I returned from a holiday at Club Teos. My first words to her this morning were ‘How lucky are we to have been on such a wonderful holiday’. I would rate this holiday as being one of the most enjoyable holiday’s I have ever had.

Spending time in our room was not something that we wanted to do as the public areas are so beautifully fitted and had a wonderful ambiance. This was enhanced by the staff members who, somehow, even at this end of the season were some of the most helpful and pleasant hotel staff that I have ever met. This went for both the Turkish and British staff members.

The bar area is in a very nice setting overlooking the beach/ bay on one side and the pool on the other. Bar prices were reasonable about £3 for a large beer and £5 ish for a cocktail. There are happy hours which reduce these prices. One the first non-inclusive meal evening we ate steak down at the bar. This was priced about £10 and was some of the tenderest steak that I have ever enjoyed. So much so that we felt that it couldn’t be beaten if we went out so we ate there on second non inclusive evening too.

The pool is large, a nice shape and has sun loungers with padded covers. It is nicely planted around with trees and shrubs. There are loos/changing rooms just off the pool area, which are spotless. One each occasion guests walked out of the block, a member of staff went in to clean it.

The cleanliness of the whole place is amazing. My wife even saw two staff ladies cleaning the handrails at the side of the steps that lead from the terrace where the dinning area is to terrace below where the bar is located. These are just rails that are completely outside and I would have never dreamed anyone would have thought of cleaning them.

The dinning area is nicely set out and has views out over the bay from some of the tables. Part of it is totally enclosed and part of it open to the sides giving an airy feel. The quality of the food is excellent. The choice of what you have to eat is massive; with something to everyone’s taste. The waiters and front of house chefs, again, all very friendly and helpful.

The BBQ on another non inclusive dinning evening is a must. Chefs and waiters relocate down by the pool. There are tables nicely laid out around the pool (as per photograph) Once again the standard and quality of the food produced is fantastic. The BBQ comes out at about £15 a head, so is very sensibly priced.

The thread with the staff carries on with the beach team who are all friendly and enthusiastic. Courses are well run and casual guidance/advice on all water sports is freely given. Paul has to have a special mention as I asked for one minute of his time to refresh me on windsurfing which I hadn’t done for many years. I was not partaking in a windsurfing course, as I had chosen other courses. (You can choose as many courses as you like, the only thing that restricts you is your time.) He took me to the land based simulator; provided a display of the basics, followed by a display on the water. I couldn’t have asked for more.

My wife enjoyed the fitness and spa side of things.

An act like this doesn’t come together without the management being spot on. Which they are. They aim for all guests to have a great holiday and in our case they certainly succeed thank you.

Nottingham
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This was our first Neilson holiday (having previously been on several Mark Warner holidays) and we are definitely converts and are already looking for our next holiday opportunity with Neilson!

We booked a last minute deal just under two weeks before departure and feel that we got excellent value for money.

The staff were all professional, friendly, approachable and knowledgable. The hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. The restaurant was SUPERB and allowed us to enjoy such a huge array of food each mealtime.

We got pretty involved in most of the activities available including the daily tennis lessons, daily RYA sailing lessons, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking and wake boarding. All of these activities were included in the cost of the holiday and the support and encouragement from staff, as well as the quality of the equipment were of a very high standard.

Special mention to our sailing instructor Paul who made our sailing lessons very memorable - thank you!

We had a fantastic holiday and will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Durateymur, Manager at Teos Village, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Paul is over the moon with this feedback. Thank you very much.

Regards from Teos Team
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

just got back from a week at club toes. This was our first Neilson holiday and we will certainly being going on another one. We choose the learn to windsurf course and then fitted other activities around that. I'm not sure we can actually windsurf yet but the tuition was brilliant and we really enjoyed our lessons. The instructors were really patient and calm with us and we felt confident that they were looking after our safety at all times. A highlight was the catamaran joy ride. By luck we choose the best wind day and instructor (Aman) and had great fun zipping across the water getting thoroughly soaked and laughing all the way.

The one negative about the holiday was that we were both ill with the dreaded stomach bug. we lost a full day of our holiday as did many others. The staff were obviously concerned as we were all offered a free doctors consultation. Having read the reviews again on our return this illness seems to be a frequent occurring theme going back over a few years.

Everything else was fantastic and I echo the comments made by others about the excellent staff team who all seemed to work well together. One day the water was quite challenging and we observed the entire beach team working together as one for everyones safety. Boats were capsizing at regular intervals and the staff were immediately out there sorting things out - all very entertaining for us observers. The pool is lovely and at end of september nice and warm.

A small group of us organised early morning ocean swims which was fantastic - a great start to the day.

Overall an excellent holiday and one of the best holidays we have ever been on. Excellent value for money for first week of October.

Rob and Angela Green

Dear Rob & Angela,
Unfortunately it is not nice when you get ill on holiday, we did our best to confined the virus which lasted 4 days, saidly 17 guests and staff affected out of 205 guests and 70 staff in total. This was the first virus of the summer and touch wood the last. Thank you for your comments.

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seferihisar
Euphoria Aegean Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,092 reviews
Angora Beach Resort
Angora Beach Resort
#5 of 12 in Seferihisar

Been to Teos Village? Share your experiences!