we recently spent three nights here and were blessed with wonderful weather. Our room was comfortable and clean though not one of the larger ones. Although we entered from the drive up to the car park we overlooked a small garden and the room was quiet. The hotel's garden is lovely and the restaurant opens up on to the terrace so you can eat outside. We also enjoyed eating in the 'parlour' at the front which was nice and quiet. Food really high quality - a dish of duck with spiced plums was particularly delicious and the poached eggs at breakfast were just right. The young staff were hard-working and attentive. The hotel is a short drive away from the RSPB reserve at Minsmere - you could even do a dawn visit and be back for breakfast! We didn't manage that but we did get spectacular sighting of a bittern fishing for his dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westleton Crown is a traditional Coaching Inn with origins extending back as far as the 12th Century. It retains the character and rustic charm of its heritage whilst offering guests the sophistication and comforts of contemporary living. With its quietly cracking log fires and real ales through to the 34 newly refurbished, stylish, comfortable bedrooms and imaginative menus we are sure that you will enjoy every part of your experience at The Westleton Crown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Westleton Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold
- Westleton Crown Southwold
- Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold
- The Westleton Crown Suffolk