The Crown has been extensively and sympathetically refurbished. From the road it is still the village pub, but behind the frontage is a very stylish and comfortable hotel. The dining area and garden are lovely. The room we stayed in had originally been a small cottage in a line of similar village cottages and from the road that is exactly what it remains visually. However inside the room was large and well equipped. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom consisted of a large tub bath and wet room shower stylishly decked in black slate tiles. Ate in the restaurant on three occasions and was not disappointed. Varied selection on the menu with reasonable sized portions, and a good selection of ales and wines. The staff were all very helpful, attentive and polite. The location is ideal for exploring the Suffolk coast line and is situated in a beautiful village, close to the RSPB reserve. Try it you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westleton Crown is a traditional Coaching Inn with origins extending back as far as the 12th Century. It retains the character and rustic charm of its heritage whilst offering guests the sophistication and comforts of contemporary living. With its quietly cracking log fires and real ales through to the 34 newly refurbished, stylish, comfortable bedrooms and imaginative menus we are sure that you will enjoy every part of your experience at The Westleton Crown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Westleton Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold
- Westleton Crown Southwold
- Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold
- The Westleton Crown Suffolk