The Westleton Crown
Satis House Hotel(Yoxford)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$230
The Crown Hotel(Framlingham)
US$147
Toprooms.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroll top bathbiscuitsmain buildingthe pubdog friendly hotelcar parkfree standing bathsister pubsuffolk coastfish and chipsgarden roomwhite companydog ownerspuddingeggs benedictdunwich heathspecial offer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is a charming small hotel/ restaurant /pub. The public areas are cosy and welcoming, the gardens which are country cottage style, on several levels are beautiful, the large restaurant that door fold away bringing you in to the garden area, or closed give a lovely view.
The room very quaint, with a roll top bath in the room, nice sheets comfortable beds.
And for those like ourselves value the company of our four legged fury friends, our dog was also supplied with a bed, bowl with biscuits in!
If fact our dog was made very welcome , he was greeted with biscuits, and a stroke, he also gives 5 stars to the service.
The staff team are exceptional friendly and helpful.
The restaurant, was excellent, with a very interesting dishes, straight off master chef.
We understand the Kate and Wills have stayed there quite recently so the standards are as you would expect very high. But it is most certainly not stuffy it is warm welcoming and friendly.
The cost is surprisingly reasonable in fact we have booked for a Christmas stay with our dog because we were so taken with the place!

Room Tip: For the extra romance I would recommend the rooms with a roll top bath.
1  Thank ambienceduo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

WE spent a weekend here, as two couples - our friends brought their two dogs along too.
THe staff at the Westleton Crown were brilliant, very friendly and accommodating! The whole bookings process was efficient and they were very friendly and helpful - even leaving dog bowls and biscuits in the room for the 4 legged friends!

Breakast was excellent, plenty of choice and very tasty!

The rooms were very simply decorated - could maybe have done with a bit more colour - but that is personal taste/preference. The rooms were clean and decorated to good standard and nice and modern. The bathroom was shower over a bath which suits me fine, but the shower was very difficult to get the temperature just right, it was either cold or scalding - until we spent 5 mins fiddling around to get the 'just right' notch on the tap! There were tea and coffee facilities in the room, along with some biscuits which was a very welcome touch!

Overall a great experience, staying at the Westleton Crown - we ate in their restaurant both nights too - but i'll put a review on the restaurant itself to talk about that - but the food was excellent and would definitely recommend it!

We were thoroughly relaxed by the end of the weekend, and full to brim of lovely food... I wouldn't recommend going if you're on a diet, the temptation is too strong!

Room Tip: Not a huge difference between a 'good' room and a 'better' room - just a few feet in size.. so personally, i'd just stay in a good room again and save the money and spend it on food in the restaurant!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Booked an evening meal here for my partner's birthday. A handsome pub with large smart dining area to rear. Top marks for availability of local beers. Also great terraced garden
Food good, well prepared and tasty UNTIL we got to dessert. We both ordered pear tatin. When it arrived the pear was hard as a rock in both tarts. The whole tart was piping hot but we could not get our spoons into the pears. The manager came over and apologised but really for a pub/restaurant with such a strong reputation this was very disappointing.
The service was mixed - we had an incredibly long wait for our plates to be cleared after we completed our mains and felt some of the staff were a tad ingratiating. However, some of them were excellent such as the young man who obtained some fresh mint for my partner's post prandial mint tea.
So a mixed bag.
Our expectations were high and were slightly dashed to be honest

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed at the Westleton as part of a cycle break. The room (Robin) was small but nicely decorated, comfortable and clean. The staff were very friendly and efficient and the restaurant was excellent. Its nice to see such a dog friendly hotel/bar.

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend last year. Enjoyed it so much we returned this summer too. The setting is lovely . I know the area very well & have always loved the village of westleton. The pub itself is very welcoming & has a great atmosphere. It's both child & dog friendly . So if ur looking for something very refined & stuffy this is not it. I will b returning with my son who I know will appreciate the nice rooms & great food. The rooms are simple & tasteful little hint of shabby chic with comfy beds & good bathroom fixtures . Both times I have stayed in the mid range room that they class as their 'better' . On arriving this time we were slightly disappointed that we didn't have a separate shower and bath. It sounds silly I'm sure for a night or two away many people wouldn't mind , but we had previously had the two seperate and the shower was great . I explained this and even though they were fully booked they jiggled us around and gave us a room in the block below where we stayed before . This was lovely , roll top bath & separate shower . The food is really delicious & noteworthy , often pubs of this size & setting are very 'chain pub grub' style food that is tasteless and over produced . What you get here is the exact opposite a great menu , fresh local food , lovely wine , good service & a choice of areas to eat . So even though the food is very much resturant more than pub , u can still have the relaxed atmosphere of pub dining if you choose or more formal in the conservatory . We had lots of fish, fresh crab & a lovely Aubergine & mackerel starter which I could have eaten all over again. If I lived a little closer I would eat here regularly . As you wander around it is apparent that some areas could do with a touch up of paintwork ,(Different from last time )in the rooms especially . But rather than this being a negative you could look at this as a great sign of them being very busy since my last stay. I have recommended to many friends and family . Looking into my next stay as we speak !

• Stayed: August 2013