We recently came to stay at the Crown for a weekend on a special deal, paid a bit more for a room upgrade and we had a comfortable pleasant room which overlooked the road - but wasn't noisy. The Crown is situated in a small quiet village near Dunwich on the Suffolk coast. Great for walking, birdwatching or just doing nothing.
The setting is beautiful, the food was excellent ( and at the pricier end of a gastro pub), and the staff were all without exception helpful.
Breakfast was very good. The only down side was that the sound proofing between rooms was occasionally a bit lacking (newly weds next door?) - but we were not too bothered by this.
After we left we realised that we had left a much loved blanket in our room (Hotel duvets always baking). Staff at the Crown sent it too us the next day.
We love this part of Suffolk and visit often and definitely hope to return to this spot soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westleton Crown is a traditional Coaching Inn with origins extending back as far as the 12th Century. It retains the character and rustic charm of its heritage whilst offering guests the sophistication and comforts of contemporary living. With its quietly cracking log fires and real ales through to the 34 newly refurbished, stylish, comfortable bedrooms and imaginative menus we are sure that you will enjoy every part of your experience at The Westleton Crown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Westleton Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold
- Westleton Crown Southwold
- Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold
- The Westleton Crown Suffolk