“Best Bagels in Town!”

Bagelman
Ranked #6 of 7 Bakeries in Hove
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Bagelman started in 1996 when Julian, our founder, started a one-man bagel delivery service to help fund his way through a degree at Brighton University. In response to popular demand, the first Bagelman store opened in 1999 at 7 Bond Street and since then we have gone from strength to strength; we now have a bakery serving four stores! Inspired by the lively Jewish delicatessens of New York and London’s East End, we combine the sensory richness and liveliness of the full delicatessen experience with the irresistible lure of a real bagel bakery.
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Been going to the bagelman for years now, always enjoyed it combinations are good and staff are friendly! Also good for buying plain bagels to make your own at home!

1  Thank Jack H

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I went in late Nov 13, as a lunch date with my Daughter. The food is good and the menu choice is good if you like bagels.

My problem with it is that they touch all the ingredients by hand, and the guy serving me felt that he had to touch the bagel at least 50 times. All this with out wearing gloves.

A simple thing that would make this sandwich shop a cut above the rest.

1  Thank BigDazza_2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Second visit (today 16.08.2013) within a few months.
The last visit I found that the general standard of cleanliness in the restaurant was not good. I complained about the condition of the table having food and drink spillage on it as I sat down to eat. The waitress cleaned the table with a cloth a few minutes later although she did not use any separate cleaning product.
On my visit today, I sat down at a table after ordering my food and noticed that one of the chairs and the floor beneath had liquid on it . It appeared as a spillage of coke or similar. I immediately brought this to the attention of a staff member, however this was not cleaned up whilst we were there which was at least 20 minutes.
Although the food counter appeared ok, I am appalled by the general standard of cleanliness in the restaurant area. It would appear that the staff are lazy and simply not bothered about maintaining a good standard of cleanliness around the tables and seating.
All spillages should be cleaned up immediately and restaurant areas should be checked by staff regularly.
Have been there several times in the past and not noticed a problem, however when you witness this as I have now on two recent occasions, you question the whole standard of the establishment.
Environmental health have been advised.

1  Thank MAC123Brighton
Reviewed 8 April 2013

ATM is amazing, toasted on a jalepeno bagel. All of them are amazing, ive tried alot of them! Thy always have great specials on the board too. Good service. Can be really really busy some times but give it a go even if there is a huge queue.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Had my guzillionth Bagelman Bagel from the Hove branch (though all branches are equally good) on Sunday. Service with a smile, fantastic choice, good value, yummy food, etc., etc. There's sometimes quite a queue at busy times, but it's worth the wait.