Best Western Princes Marine Hotel
US$169
US$129
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea viewcar parkfree parkingsea frontmagic tricksgood sizefirst served basistight squeezenight porterspacious roomcooked breakfastfull englishvisiting familyone night staytop floorbrighton centreparking space
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The Hotel looks old, inside and out. Large room with good size bath room. Very clean. The bed was good. We had a view of the English Channel and the bathing hut's along the promenade. Breakfast was good, but not worth the money. 12.95 pounds for full english. We got stuck in the lift one day and the other person said he was stuck in it last week. He called on his mobile phone and they got it working again. That afternoon we came back from sight seeing and the lift was broken down. Wasn't fixed for more than 24hrs. We had to walk up 4 flight of stairs, only then did we see all the stains in the carpet. It's the kind you don't look down on, unless you have too. It's on a A road, the main road into Brighton from the west. So it's very busy all the time. If it's warm. You have the choice of sweating to dead because there is no fan in the room. Or hear the road noise all night long. If you go left out of the Hotel to the corner and go left again for about 4 blocks. You will come to Church Street. Go left again and it's the High Street of Hove. Lots of stores. cafe and coffee shop's. A very big Tesco's plus a Co-Op store. And many good Restaurants. Check out Franco' Pizza and Pasta Restaurant. It's a real Treat. Would I stay here again, No way.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I parked outside hotel. I was a late booking and the price was so good my expectations were not high. Front of desk was welcoming and friendly. Room was large, light, clean and modern with easily accessed power points, tea/coffee selection, good towels, toiletries Kleenex etc. bed comfortable etc. I had a sea view on 2nd floor. The sound proofing from windows isn't brilliant so traffic noise apparent. And their lighting is dull - could be improved on but otherwise - fab place. And they let me leave my car past checkout whilst I did a walk along the sea front. Lovely cafe, antiques and newsagents a couple mins walk from hotel. Turn left outside and take left at lights. Oh. Breakfast nicely cooked but decaf coffee was instant(!). They could definitely do better with that.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We booked this hotel last minute. The hotel was very clean & tidy. Rooms a decent size. We paid £94 for B&B with a sea view but not sure if we feel this was value for money. The 2 staff in the dining room at breakfast time were very nice, efficient & very pleasant. There is parking behind the hotel & a couple of spaces at the front but if you go out, you may not have a space when you come back. However you can park on the road which has meters for payment but is free overnight. The hotel is very basic for a Best Western.
When we booked this we thought we were booking in Brighton but this one is in Hove.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My partner and I stayed here with our three young children for a couple of nights in august. We had a large family room with sea view which had a fairly new fitted bathroom. The only concern I had was being on the third floor and the windows opening outwards with no safety features on them so I was constantly worried about by two year old going anyway near, so we had to keep the windows shut most of the time, which wasn't ideal in the hot weather and the hotel has no air con. We ordered room service one night and the food was fabulous. Having a bus stop straight outside was very useful as we used buses the whole time we were there and kept the car in hotel's car park. Overall I would recommend this hotel but i think they definitely need to do something about the safety of their bedroom windows!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We turned up on spec hoping they would have a room and we were lucky enough to get the last in the hotel - Room 3 on the 1st floor with lovely sea view. At a fantastic price of £79 per night for a 'double' we were pleasantly surprised to be greeted with a massive room with a super king bed and 2 singles. The space was wonderful and the bathroom newly fitted with shower above bath. We didn't have breakfast but ate in the evening in the hotel and had a delicious meal also so were very impressed. I would rate it a very good 3-4 star but would certainly stay again. Its right on the beach and walking distance of shops and restaurants. Just 2.5 mile walk into Brighton.

Room Tip: We loved room 3! HUGE!