“Sea front hotel”

Best Western Princes Marine Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hove
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed at the end of November. Weather bright and dry. This was the first time I had been to Brighton &Hove and didn't know what to expect. The hotel is a typical sea side hotel overlooking the sea. During our stay it appeared to have a few white van man type of residents, rather than holiday makers. Perhaps due to staying out of season! Our room was modern and clean over looking the sea. The bathroom was also modern and fresh. Because we had a sea front room we found the traffic noisy all night even though it was November. We ate in the bar, the food was plentiful and very average. Breakfast served with the usual juices cereal, croissant and cooked breakfast. I found the tinned fruit a little disappointing , but a fresh banana was on the breakfast buffet. The hotel was friendly . It has a small car park that is free, on a first come basis. If I went back I think I would prefer to stay in Brighton, perhaps visiting out of season you do not see the area at its best.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view but if you prefer a less noisy room try one at the back of the hotel

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is our third year on an overnight stay at the Princes Marine. The rooms as always were clean and comfortable and the staff very welcoming and friendly.
The restaurant food has always been good, but this year was perfect. We ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel and could not find any fault with the service or quality of food. I look forward to our stay again next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had a lovely time at this wonderful hotel. The staff were very friendly,helpful and pleasant. The room was very clean and large. The location was great. We will certainly come again. That's enough to say.

Room Tip: worthwhile paying a bit extra to get a room with a view to the sea!
Reviewed 18 November 2013

2nd time we have stayed at the Princes Marine Hotel Hove, this time for a whole week.
The room was very nice, clean with unintrupted sea view and good size with a big roomy bathroom, perfect for us elderly safe use. Room was cleaned and made up every day. Staff are all nice and very friendly and always make you feel most welcomed. Breakfast was fine in fact the staff will make anything you asked them for the way you wanted with the smile. Next oppourtunity to visit Brighton & Hove, we have no hesitation in staying at the Prices Marine Hotel again and happily recommend it to all specially older generation.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are FAB.
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

For a best western hotel I expected a bit more peace at night being as the location of this hotel was quite far from the pier and busy town. Room rate was too steep being as breakfast was not included & was awoken between two and 4am by the noisey lift and guests in room next door. Thankfully the night porter got them to keep it quiet. I give this hotel a brief sea breeze stay. To anyone who books here look forward to a disturbed nights sleep.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Decappitated85
Jon006, Manager at Best Western Princes Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I can see looking at the above the main concern you had was with noise, I'm glad to hear the night porter got the noise level under control for you, I think most hotels in Brighton/Hove will come a cross the noise issue sometimes over busy week ends when alcohol is involved!! I do hope you will give us another try and we will get you a room away from the lift too! Sorry.

Our room rates over week ends are very competitive and more often than not a lower price than the centre of Brighton, we also have free car parking on a first come first served basis and can save you up to £30 a night!!

Many thanks,

Jonathan Ailion

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed a week in one of the fresh renovated family rooms. The room was very clean, very thourough room service every day. The only thing we missed was a fridge in the room as you can find it normally in combination with some drinks and food in a mini bar. Breakfast was very good. All members of the staff, at the reception, room and restaurant service, where extraordinary friendly and always ready to help. We experienced Princes Marine Hotel as a house where children are welcome. Parking space around the house is a little bit limited. But after all, Princes Marine Hotel is highly recommendable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival you have to negotiate a VERY narrow passageway ro gain acvess to the car park at the rear which is limit in space. The spaces are so tight you can hardly get out of the car. Walking into the hotel, the aluminum door scaped along the floor with a shockingly intense screatch. The bar area spillis over into receprion. Checkin was smooth enoigh. Once in the room i found it to be sparse and poorly light by way of uplighters that arw below eye level by the beds. The result ia rhat the bulbs shine straing into your eyea ao i had these turned off. The bathroom waa nice and looked as though it had recenrly been updated. I went down for some dinner. I had the baked cheese to start which was preswnted well ans tasted nice. The main was primw rib eye steak which i orderd as well done. When it arrived I could hardly cut it ler alone chew it and it was medium at best. I swnt it back and had an omelte instead. The reaturant in the photos shows it fully dressed with flowers and tableclothes etc however these must have been just for the photo as there was no tablecloth in site. The next day at breakfast i was presented with a cold buffett that was put to shame by Travelodge and everywhere else for that matter. A few bowls of tinned fruit and a few cerials. I had sausage and egg and bacon. Personaly, the sausage was too coursely minced for me and was quite herby/spicey.

The next evening I asked the bar maid if there was an Indian restuarnt nearby but due to her poor grasp of the Engliah language I had to walk away and ask someone else as she kept directing me to the hotels restaurant but explaining it was not Indian!

All in all not a good experience for me and I am staggered how it has such a high rating on Tripadviser as this hotel was chosen based on that rating

Two stars only sue to comfy bed and nice bathroom

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Glenn T
Jon006, Manager at Best Western Princes Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Glen T,

Thank you for your recent comments, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed parts of your stay, I will of course be looking into the areas mentioned and will iron out any noted problems you encountered as soon as possible.

I do agree the front doors are a little noisy thanks to the recent storm we had, we are looking into changing them in the near future.

As for the car parking I do agree the entrance is a little narrow, there is a large sign on entrance to the car park to warn about this-it is possible to drive large 4x4s in there which we often have with care. Its a great asset to have free car parking in a hotel which is very rare in Brighton/Hove and free!

Regards

Jonathan Ailion
Director

ave as long as you take care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hove
Langfords Hotel
Legends Hotel
Legends Hotel
#6 of 43 in Brighton
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront

Been to Best Western Princes Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!