Best Western Princes Marine Hotel
US$163
US$207
US$189
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea viewcar parkfree parkingsea frontmagic tricksgood sizefirst served basistight squeezenight porterspacious roomcooked breakfastfull englishvisiting familyone night staytop floorbrighton centreparking space
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a two night stay here after trying to find a hotel short notice due to a family bereavement. All the staff were polite, helpful and actually looked like they enjoyed coming in to work. Even having to deal with central bookings after our dates changes was a pleasure and very prompt service when they had to call us back. Our room was spacious, comfortable and exteremly clean. Breakfast was cooked to order, good quality bacon and sausage, Phillip was very attentive doing his duties waiting on. Reasonable choice on the buffett to complement the cooked breakfast. Only problems I would say were there wasn't a restrictor on the large window which could have been dangerous as we were on the second floor and the side passage to rear car park is very tight ok in a smart car not so good in a 4 x 4 ! Good value will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here for one night while down for a friends party. The room spacious and clean with a comfortable bed and nice bathroom. The service was friendly including the night porter was very helpful when my friend was checking in late. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 35 which is on the third floor - right next to the lift which is did wake me in the morning when people started to move around - and kept me awake. I'd had a late night and could have done with sleeping in but it wasn't possible due to the noise. Probably not a problem if you have to be up early anyway but if you are going to have a late one maybe ask for a room away from the lift!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank J4MESM
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The steak in the restaurant was very poor quality. There was confusion over the bill as there was another couple with the same name and they thought we were a family. The clock in the bedroom hadn't been put forward an hour so we were an hour late going for breakfast. Nice big bedroom though although our request for a lower floor was ignored.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Bit pricey but it was Brighton Marathon weekend and the start of the Easter School holidays.

Lovely seaview room with very comfortable beds. The bath was amazing and filled in record time!

We were worried about being able to get a place in the car park after reading some of the reviews but had no problem at all. Very tight getting to the car park but easy to park providing you reverse into the space!

We used the restaurant once for an evening meal which was reasonably priced and very tasty.

It's a bit of a trek down into Brighton. We walked there and back on Friday with our 6 year old daughter and back down again on Saturday but got a taxi back as one of us (not me!) was running the marathon the following day and it was very tiring!

The staff were all very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Room was perfect with a the most comfy bed I have ever slept in. Very clean. Staff couldn't do enough for me and were very nice. I ordered room service and had the most delicious steak and ale pie I have ever tasted. I get hungry just thinking of it

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo