“Wonderful food, welcoming atmosphere”
Review of Kenzi - CLOSED

Kenzi
Price range: US$4 - US$39
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited Kenzi on May 26th, lunchtime I had not been before. The food was amazing. My partner had the sweet lamb tagine, The lamb was so tender and it was incredibly tasty. I am usually not too keen on lamb but I do wish I had ordered some myself. I feel I need to go back to try more of the menu. I had a mix of vegetarian dishes such as the Baba Ganoush, couscous, spinach and cheese Bourack, Fatouche Salad from the Kemia Menu. The staff were so friendly, unfortunately I no longer live in the area so I cannot visit very frequently but when my partner has been working in Hove every once in a while he has eaten lunch there and so we're luckily he knew of the restaurant. You won't be disappointed, there are lots of restaurants in Brighton and Hove, this one is well worth exploring.

1  Thank Jude S

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Don't miss out on this great place to eat in Hove... agree with some of the reviews here - the decoration is so nice it makes you feel you are in Morocco!
This was the second time we tried Kenzi and it was even better than the first one.
We went for the "tapas style" menu in order to try as many different things as we could... I love houmous but this one is the best ever - fresh, grainy and perfectly balanced - you can taste every ingredient! Finished this time with an excellent mixed grill and my partner with a chicken couscous and both were great! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Plenty to recommend this restaurant - the food was good and the service was excellent. It's comfortable and the prices are reasonable.
Starters were good, especially the mixed platter and the hummus (which looked and tasted homemade). The fish stew got a very good report and all the other main dishes were well enjoyed. The only disappointment lay with the pitta bread, which was quite awful. I'd wondered why the starters were served with ordinary bread (very nice by the way) so there was obviously a problem in the kitchen somewhere. Only two of our party had desserts but they looked delicious!
The wine list is reasonably priced and - although we did not know it - it seems you can bring your own, which we'll certainly remember for next time.
Nice place and well worth a visit.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Having just moved to Hove, I've been relying on Trip Advisor for good places to eat. Of the one's I've tried so far this is, by far, my favourite. Food, service and setting was absolutely superb. The bill was very reasonable and you have the option to bring your own bottle with no corkage charge.

Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Craig D
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Loved the atmosphere here - thought I could have been in Algeria or Marocco! We had the Royal Meze: unless you have a HUGE appetite - choose a smaller one. It was amazing and a wonderful selection. Will go again for a Tagine.