Let me get the negatives out of the way first. This hotel is in a very old building where everything creaks and groans with age. There's definitely room to smarten things up but the main issue is noise. Coming back at 2am my every step was loud and despite tiptoeing I felt I woke the entire place up. The thunderous flushing noise of the shared toilet didn't help either. Add in the very vocal Brighton seagulls and you have a hotel light sleepers should avoid.
With that out of the way let me say that this hotel was fantastic value for money and had very friendly and polite service. The continental breakfast was of higher quality than most chain hotels, the shared bathrooms facilities were clean and the location of the hotel was excellent.
I would probably stay here again should I be needing budget accommodation in Brighton. It's a little worn around the edges but the Iron Duke does the essentials very well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Iron Duke is in an enviable location just across the road from the beach and walking distance from the City Centre and the Brighton Centre. We have ten rooms including some with en-suites and views towards the sea. We also have rooms with shared facilities for those on a budget. All rooms come with tea and coffee making facilities and televisions. Guests have 24 hour access to the building with your own key to the hotel entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Iron Duke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Iron Duke Pub And Hotel
- The Iron Duke Pub Hotel Hove
- The Iron Duke Brighton And Hove, UK