“Slightly disappointing”
Review of Seafield House

Seafield House
Ranked #8 of 16 Hove B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2014

There were some nice touches to the room, the complimentary water and coke in the fridge were very much appreciated, also the wine and nuts. I must also say that the bed was very comfortable and clean. However, there is no-one on site at all in the evenings and although the staff were lovely the breakfast was not fantastic and I left the stay with a very bad stomach, I'm pretty sure it was from my final breakfast. Also on returning to our room one day we found that our newspapers/magazines had been thrown away (we hadn't read them) but our bins had not been emptied? I tried to find the manager to mention this (rather than write this review) when we checked out but I couldn't find him!

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues check the bathrooms. Our bath was very difficult to get in and out of an...
1  Thank Gemma B

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for just one night and booked through booking.com. although they say that we would have not be charged till our arrival and the card was only to secure the booking my card was charged within 5 min from making the reservation.
I asked for a cot but when we arrived there was no cot and our room was on the top floor...definitely not ideal with a 7month old baby!
There is not free parking other than Tesco during the day. The centre is around 30 mins walking.
Staff is nice and friendly, the room was small but very clean with free bottled water coke and tea/coffee/hot choc. Some floor tiles in the bathroom were broken and there were tiles bits coming out so l hurt my foot as l was barefoot. The room was really hot but there was a fan and that helped.
Breakfast was rather poor. Tinned fruit, cereals, and you can order something from the menu but didn t like it much. Besides the toasted bread was moulded (disgusting, definitely past due date!). I asked for soy milk or any dairy alternatives but they don t provide it. Asked for honey but they only offer jam.
I guess that considering It s Brighton this guest house it s not too bad but i am not sure if l would stay here again....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a very professionally run B&B in a fairly quiet area of Hove, but not the most prestigious street, as others have noted. Our room was quite small but was spotlessly clean, comfortable and well-equipped. If we'd been staying longer we'd have liked more space but for a short break we had everything we needed.

The breakfast room is very pleasant. When we were there, the young waitresses were working extremely hard but were always friendly and polite. There's plenty of choice and basically you can have anything off the menu in any combination. It was all nicely cooked and there was very little waiting.

Parking is very difficult in Brighton so we were pleased to have a space allocated to us. We thought the small charge was well worth it for the convenience. We didn't take the car into Brighton but either walked or caught one of the many buses that pass the top of the street.

All in all, we found that the Seafield offered excellent value and we will definitely stay there again when we come back to the area.

Room Tip: We were on the lower ground floor. It was very quiet. Rooms overlooking the street would probably ha...
1  Thank DaytripperNorthEast
Reviewed 15 July 2014

After lots of research, very pleased to have chosen this guest house. Lovely light airy room, comfortable bed, and lots of extras: a very small ironing board, iron, hair dryer, robe, peanuts, coke and even a small bottle of wine. Odd that the peanuts and biscuits weren't replenished on our second night. Breakfast good, and all staff very helpful and friendly. The bathroom looked great from a distance, but looking a bit tired and distressed up close.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Having experienced many hotels in Brighton, Hove and surrounding area, I can honestly say that this B&B is far better than many.
It is clean, quiet and extremely good value
I would not hesitate to recommend it for a visit to the area
Personal touches such as wine, chocolates and water put this way above many hotels
Great breakfast
Give it a try!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The buildings next door are being renovated so this end of the street will end up looking quite nice, but the street generally is a little scruffy. The hotel itself is small with steep stairs that are quite narrow - don't have big suitcases! The room was very small with barely any room around the bed and the ensuite tiny. Nice touch of having a small bottle of wine when you check in and the breakfast was made to order and well cooked and served. You have to pay for parking and we were lucky to find a space. Even if you have paid for the voucher, you may have to park some distance away though there seem to be spaces during the daytime. Just around the corner is a good choice of restaurants but I would not relish the walk into Brighton itself - though parking the car in the city is difficult and expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The toilet seat in our room was too small, kept slipping off everythime we sat on it. The cream coloured carpet was quite dirty looking, not the right colour for a B & B. Breakfast was a lucky dip, whatever we asked for got lost in translation as what we got wasn't what we asked for. I asked for scrambled egg on toast, i heard the young woman ask the chef for full english with scrambled egg on toast, I had to go tell him I didn't want that ( for one thing thing I am vegetarian), next morning I asked again for scrambled egg on toast, I got fried egg on toast. My husband asked for sausage, bacon and beans and he got a full english, he asked for toast twice one morning and still didn't get any. one night we heard a lot of commotion on the corridor, a woman had came back to find a man in her bed! The owners don't live on-site so after a phone call to them the police arrived. It says it is 20 mins walk from Brighton centre, it is in fact 35 minutes walk. It is situated on the worst, scruffiest street we have see in that area.

Room Tip: Don't know which are the best but keep windows locked, especially as there was a strange man fou...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hove
Best Western Princes Marine Hotel
#7 of 43 in Brighton
The Claremont
The Claremont
#2 of 16 in Hove

Been to Seafield House? Share your experiences!