“Proper drinkers pub with great music at weekends”
Review of The Neptune Inn

The Neptune Inn
Ranked #3 of 16 Nightlife in Hove
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've been going to the Nep for years - it's an institution in the Brighton/Hove music scene. I don't live anywhere near it, but it's worth the journey. The music is mostly of a bluesy/rocky nature on Friday and Saturday nights, but with a variety of smoother folky/jazzy things on Sunday afternoons. It's a long narrow bar, so for popular bands it can get pretty rammed, which adds to the atmosphere (literally...);for added comfort, the trick is to get there early - towards the back it widens out a bit, and there's a few tables and seats.
It's a very friendly and convivial place, and always has a range of well-kept proper hand-pumped bitters as well as the usual lagers and ciders; and I understand the wine is always good, too (don't drink it myself).

All reviews
"pint"
in 3 reviews
"sunday"

Reviewed 26 January 2018

This is not my nearest pub, but it definitely feels like my local. The beer is always excellent, the live music is great, and it always has a really eclectic mix of customers.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

If you like good beer and Harvey's in particular, I'd like to know where you'll get a better pint than here - it's 1st class.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We had friends staying with us and four of us went yesterday to see Dolly Dagger billed as a trio but turned out they had an additional fab new guitarist too.

We had a great night. Very friendly staff, music not too loud, dancing if you can find a bit of floor free. Seemed to be mostly regular pub goers and over 50's for the most part.

A selection of single malt whisky for me and a good range of beers for my mate.
Will definitely be back when we are in Hove next time.