“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Eardington B&B and Inns
United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have stayed here a couple of times in our campervan and will be back again. Peter is a great host and very friendly and helpful. The pub serves great food and the beer is excellent. A wonderful 20 minute walk through public footpaths across a couple of fields to get to the picturesque town of bridgenorth,our dog pip was also made to feel very welcome we will be returning on our next weekend off!! Thanks to peter and team Daz deb and pip the dog north wales

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daz S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We used the Half Way Inn as a central point for 2 days driving in the area. The driving was first class but also the Inn. The food in particular was excellent and local produce. Peter could not have done more to welcome and look after our group.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I arranged for a large group to meet at the Halfway House Inn in pursuit of a shared interest, with some of us staying over the night before and/or the night after. Peter was most helpful in sorting out the arrangements, and I've yet to meet a more helpful and friendly host in the guise of Matt. Breakfasts were great, even available to non-residents. As we were a large group we'd pre-ordered lunch but in spite of our numbers it was brought out most efficiently. I didn't hear a bad comment from my friends about the service or the quality of the food. I've been asked by my friends to arrange another day based at the Halfway House Inn as they had such a good time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We spent a lovely weekend at The Halfway House. A warm welcome, log fire and well kept real followed by the best steak I've had in ages, what more could you ask for? A good sleep and hearty breakfast capped our stay and Chief was welcome too!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim R
redditch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

So I had booked the Halfway House Inn for the caravan park and B&B , for a 6 nights in the caravan with my mom ,nephew and the 3 dogs ,then 2 nights with my boyfriend and 4 other couple for a weekend walking .

So after reading some of the reviews about the campsite to be honest I was dreading it .

MY boyfriend arrived a head of us on the Saturday and was told where to set up we followed after in my car . The field was mud but understandable after so much rain . We had book a hard standing and it was fine with a twin axle caravan and a porch awning attached, had electric and tap on the same plot .

I went into pub where I was greeted by a man called Pete .. He was friendly and very chatty . I paid and was told where the toilets and showers were. We had booked a table for the evening and he had confirmed this .

So on the evening we had a meal my nephew arrived on the Sunday so was just 3 adults .

My mom is a veggie and Pete rolled of a list of veggie options that he could make for her .
She opted for an omelette . We all laughed as the options he had given he all sounded lovely .
I have the gammon with egg and boyfriend had the ribeye .
The meal was lovely slightly expensive but well worth it for the food .

We a sunny day on sunday so off we went for a good 2 hour walk beautiful walks and scenery .

So from Monday we were the only caravan on the site until Friday .Boyfriend went home so just my mom ,nephew the dogs and me .
So our account may not be the normal but we loved it .
Ok it's not perfect there is only one female shower/toilet ,one men's shower/toilet and one disabled .They were warm and ok showers.
There is a kennels over the lane from them, not the campsites fault but oh my did they barked , mainly at feeding time and exercising, however they did wake us up at 12am one morning 10.30 pm and once at 6.30am .
We did a few nice walks and Pete offered us his field to run the dogs around totally enclosed and secure the dogs loved it .
The other pub staff were Tim .. now he is the quiet silent type , very manner of fact but never rude . Then there was the waitress she was really friendly , helpful and always smiling
After the week we had got to know them quite well and felt very happy and settled even chatted to the regulars most nights.

So on Friday I took my mom, nephew and the dogs home and collected my boyfriend .
We got back there about 5.30pm and the rest of our friends had arrived 3 couples in the B &B and one in there caravan with a dog .
The 3 couples in the B&b had evening food and raved about it when we meet up with them at 8pm ,by 10pm we were the only ones in there which was nice as we had all had a few to drinks .
The drinks aren't that cheap a wine 175ml £3.85 .
Saturday we all set out for our 5 hour walk but had to be back so the men could watch the rugby .
Pete and Tim watched it with them which was nice.
Meal on the Saturday was lovely again after we pre booked at breakfast on the Saturday morning .

So overall I loved it but like I said we were only ones there for a week so can't comment if more people had been in the campsite .

would I go back yes really enjoyed myself

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ambogirl
Suffolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were visiting relatives and had a family room.
The staff were friendly and helpful, showing us where the fire escapes were.
The breakfast was nice and refreshments were provided in the room.
The hotel was busy and had a variety of ages of people (80 - 4) and families but was lovely and quiet.
The bedding and bathroom we're clean BUT the curtains were old and the carpet looked dirty because it had holes in it! Both the curtains and the carpet need to be replaced as they look like an elderly person had lived there and did not match the new bedding!
If these features were dealt with then I would recommend this to families.

Room Tip: No fitness centre or pool but can not undo the options on this website !!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is the second year that our society group (at least 10 blokes) have used the Halfway House Inn whilst attending a long weekend at the Telford International Centre. In a word perfect. Peter and his staff are extremely friendly and affable, the food is superb and the atmosphere and roaring log fire a delight. This is a 16th century coaching inn so do not expect the clinical atmosphere of the 'chain hotels' and people over 6 feet should learn to duck! Both times I have stopped in the attached cottages and they are large, clean and come with a kitchen (not that we have ever used it, with such great food available in the pub!). We are already looking forward to stopping here next year, unreservedly recommended.

Room Tip: The family rooms in the attached cottages are large and equipped with a kitchen, ideal for a family.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank IPMSbloke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eardington
Old Vicarage Hotel & Restaurant
#4 of 30 in Bridgnorth
The Woodberry Inn
The Woodberry Inn
#5 of 30 in Bridgnorth

Been to Halfway House Inn? Share your experiences!