“To Absent Friends”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Reasonably good ambience, slightly better than average food and good service, but the gaps between courses were so vast that we raised a glass to absent friends (the waiting staff). We even contemplated doing a weekly shop in the nearby Tesco store between courses. Three hours for a three course lunch, is way too long in a busy reatuarnat, but it wasn't Maybe that's why.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I have visited this restaurant 6 times now for lunch & evening meals on our own, for Sunday lunch, weekday lunch and evening meal with family. We have never been disappointed with our meal or service. The menu is good and interesting, and reasonably priced, the staff friendly and welcoming. Some reviews say that service is slow but I feel that usually means food is freshly cooked and not microwaved. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

After a personal recommendation, my husband and I decided on a belated anniversary meal. Everything, from the welcome, to the first class décor and ambience, to the excellent food was first class. Will definitely go again. Thank you all.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Welcoming smile on entering is always a good sign. Had pre-meal drinks in the drinks lounge which is very comfortable and cosy.Food had been ordered prior to the evening and the service was slick. Food was very tasty, in fact the sauce with the fish dish was so good my daughter used her dessert spoon to have it all. I requested the duck option but did not like kale which was the designated vegetable. I was offered red cabbage instead and it complemented the duck beautifully. The waitress was very good and served us when she saw it was necessary and did not rush us at all. A perfect evening out.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were staying at the Thatched cottage for the weekend and booked a table for the restaurant for the Sat night.The food was lovely, cooked well and the staff were delightfull.