“Gorgeous food at a lovely setting”
Review of Poachers Pocket

Poachers Pocket
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food at a lovely setting”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Poachers Pocket has been recommended to me a few times so I thought I had to try! I am so glad I did as it was such a lovely place. Kindly welcomed by staff. Swiftly seated and had our order taken. I couldn't wait to eat seeing all the others food coming out it looked fab! Our food was gorgeous. The best curry I have ever had! I 110% recommend Poackers Pocket. Will be back again for sure! Thanks for a lovely experience

Shepton Mallet, England, United Kingdom
“Worth booking, excellent choice great portion sizes”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The other reviews suggest booking and that is required. Such a popular place on a Bank Holiday Monday was bound to be busy and deservingly so. The food on the menu includes normal pub grub and a specials board has some treats for the more difficult to please. Scampi, Lasagne, Beef and Stilton pie and a steak were our four choices. They arrived quickly and the portions were very generous.
With no room left after the main course it was sinful to peruse the dessert menu, but we peeked and were delighted by the choices on offer. Had we not seen the size of them we might have shared one, but these too were for us would have proved we had eyes bigger than our well filled bellies.
Great food, good company, speedy service and delicious food.

1 Thank Violette V
Bath
“lovely lunchtimes”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Been here quite a few times for lunch.Been with my husband and also my girlfriends,for casual lunches also birthday celebrations .
Been very satisfied at all visits.
Portions on the large side but you will not leave hungry.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jane40Bath
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Great pub meal”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Poachers Pocket was recommended to us by the local B & B we were staying in. We ate there for the three nights we stayed in Chelynch - a recommendation in itself. The Staff were friendly, welcoming and great fun and the food very good pub food - large portions and very tasty. The pub is very popular, busy every night, and it is advisable to book.

Wells, Somerset
“Lovely meal, shame about the hosts.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I rang to enquire what time they started to serve form and was told they were very busy but they had one table free and would I like to book it which I did. On arrival, all the tables were reserved (this was 6pm) but not all taken. We were greeted with 'have you booked?' Before anything else, not a good first impression! We were told where our table was and to order at the bar which we did. Another couple came in shortly after and were told they could have a table only until 8pm when it was needed for someone else! The food when it arrived was lovely and plenty of it. I had chicken wrapped in bacon in Stilton sauce which came with sautéed potatoes and vegetables on the side. The sauce was very rich and a bit too much especially as one of the vegetables was cauliflower cheese! My husband had the steak and ale pie with chips, the steak was really tender. We also had desserts, banana split for the other half, frangipani tart for me. The main meals ranged from about £9 to £16-17 with selections on a specials board as well as the menu. Sweets were about £5. It is obviously a very busy place and quite a few people were turned away, the food must speak louder than the service but to me the two come hand in hand.