All reviewsbath west showgroundwarm welcomehomemade flapjacksroyal bathresidents loungequiet locationopen fieldshome from homecomfortable and enjoyable stayspotless roomsperfect hostson arrivalbreakfast was excellentthe blue roomhospitality traytwin bedded roomfresh milk
Reviewed 24 July 2018

This is a charming house right on the edge of town; giving you the best of both worlds: the quiet tranquillity and the views of the countryside and the convenience of the town's amenities. The hosts, Gill and Kevin are also charming and very attentive. They take a real interest in making sure that every aspect of your stay is just perfect.

Sadly, my shift pattern meant that I was not able to enjoy the excellent breakfast every morning but the home-baked flapjacks in the room were a great way to kick-start the day.

I am already looking forward to staying again next year.

Room Tip: Each room has it's own character. Check out the pictures.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Cannot recommend Middleton enough, my husband stayed as I was having a operation in Shepton clinic, he enjoyed it very well, Breakfast excellent, room excellent included lovely treats which I enjoyed in Hospital. Owners very welcoming. , if anyone living outside Shepton needs a hip/ knee/ eyes Operation this clinic is unreal, two weeks for a operation NO Joke, we traveled a long way, Oh yes it’s NHS

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Saw advert for Middleton House on East Somerset Railway website. Checked out testimonials and thought that sounds good. Booked it straight away. When we arrived we had a very warm welcome from Kevin and Gill. Room was excellent, breakfast was great with a lot of choice and Gill's homemade flapjacks were fantastic. We will certainly stay again if we are travelling in or through Somerset. Definitely the best B &B that we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018

One night stay in early June 2018 - wish it had been longer! Such friendly and accommodating hosts and INCREDIBLY good value for money. Lovely to have the option of a single room and a price to match. Room was spotless, very well equipped and extremely comfortable bed. Lovely homemade cake/goodies on arrival, and an excellent (veggie for me!) cooked breakfast. Residents lounge available and lots of info on local places and walks. I was on my way to a wedding, but would recommend as a base to explore the beautiful local area. In a quiet location but would be easy to walk into town centre for amenities, and lovely view of fields from my room.

Room Tip: Ask the very approachable owners.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We had a one night stay in Shepton Mallet during a walking holiday and enjoyed the stay so much. Room was clean and quiet and the breakfast was unreal - there was anything you could think of and then some more. Gill and Kevin made you feel very welcome and we recommend this place strongly.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple