All reviews bath west showground warm welcome quiet location homemade flapjacks overlooking fields royal bath open fields home from home residents lounge perfect hosts spotless rooms attentive hosts on arrival the blue room breakfast was excellent hospitality tray spent nights
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I have been to the Middleton House before, but that was before Gill and Kevin took over 5 or 6 years ago. So this has changed. But: Gill and Kevin are both very kind and accomodating personalities. In my opinion, you wont find better b&b hosts. We felt most welcome right from the moment when we arrived. To me that is very important, because this generates good vibes in general.

Middleton House is located on the periphery of Shepton Mallet. It is the last house on its side of the road and therefore it is mostly quiet there. We could even see cows and horses from our family suite. Beautiful!

The rooms have changed quite a lot since my first stay there. Gill and Kevin overhauled a lot of the interior and decoration and as we found out the bed/matress was new as well. Personally, i think the matress was quite hard (my wife loved it), but i think its better this way than if it had been too soft. That said, i fell asleep easily each night. There are different things available that you would expect (like free WiFi, TV set, water boiler, towels) and also lots of nice additions (like different sorts of tea and definitely worth to be mentioned: Gills own handmade cookies! Or as she calls them: goodies!).

There were a lot of brochures available that gave us good inspirations on things to do in and around Shepton Mallet and Somerset. Also, Gill and Kevin provided us with some helpful information on different locations and activities, which i found very serviceable.

Another thing that i liked a lot was the breakfast! Man, you could really FEEL, that my full english breakfast wasnt simply done because they had to, but they like what they do. Ok, Gill told me that Kevin should get the respect for this, as he does the cooking, but Gill does a heck of a job too, as she is always attentive and wants you to feel all well.

All in all i can thoroughly recommend to stay at Middleton House B&B with Gill and Kevin in charge! We will definitely come back and it will be rather sooner than later!

To Gill and Kevin (if you read this): Thank you very much for giving us such a great time in your house. Without you, our holidays wouldnt have been what they were! :)

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I had a great week staying here, the breakfasts are delicious, - I recommend the pork and apple sausages part of the Somerset breakfast.
The bed was particularly comfortable and shower gave masses of instant hot water- just what I needed! Gill and Kevin were great hosts.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2018

A very comfortable and friendly B & B located conveniently for the Showground, Longleat and Cheddar.
Great breakfasts, a wide selection of teas, coffees, biscuits and home made flapjacks in the rooms together with welcoming hosts make for a lovely and relaxing stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I was delighted to visit Gill and Kevin again this month - mmmm, Kevin's breakfasts are wonderful and I already miss them! I'm gluten-free, but that's no obstacle to these thoughtful hosts, with appropriate snacks in my room as well! A comfy bed in an immaculate room with a lovely view over the fields helped me sleep well and enjoy my week. I thoroughly recommend you try this B&B!

Room tip: All rooms are quiet with countryside views
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Wonderful stay at this very homely and welcoming B&B.

Hosts are extremely attentive, and all are made to feel very welcome.

The rooms are of a good size, very clean and the added extra of home made flapjacks hugely appreciated!!

Great value for money, cannot go wrong!

Trip type: Travelled with family