“West Sussex”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shepton Mallet
Country Comfort B & B
Ranked #17 of 37 Shepton Mallet B&B and Inns
Southwater, United Kingdom
“West Sussex”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

A jewel. Very friendly and welcoming. A beautiful house where you are made to feel at home. Fantastic views directly ahead to Glastonbury Tor. A wonderful central position for touring and just off the B3136 – very easy to find. Have stayed on a number of occasions and never been disappointed. Rooms are all very clean, comfortable, tidy and beautifully furnished. The bedrooms are a good size and the bedding is to die for! The sheets are so, so soft and the beds very comfortable. Breakfast sets one up for the day, there is as much as you can eat and nothing is too much trouble for Debbie. I fell in love with the cows, they too are welcoming and friendly. Definitely a B&B that I will recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Both rooms are excellent. The front room looks across to Glastonbury Tor, the back room looks onto f...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank VfromWestSussex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend. The farm is on a small lane from the main road. A stunning new farm house with a view that anyone would pay good money for. Debbie met us at the front door and immediately made us feel comfortable and welcome. You get a beautiful, warm double room with a view over fields of lovely cows and you can see all the way to the Glastonbury Tor. You also have the living room down stairs that also has a large window to take more advantage of the view. Debbie was wonderful to speak to and with her husband Jim, make this B&B even better. The breakfast was amazing with fresh farm eggs (you really can tell the difference between farm eggs and store eggs).
I can't recommend this peaceful retreat enough to anyone. We were only looking to go the area for a one off show, we are now thinking of going next year just so we can enjoy Debbie and Jim's 5* B&B again.
Thank you for having us.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Newforestmark
Godalming, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Such a surprise to get there and find such a beautiful house and STUNNING view....Debbie was truly delightful and helpful; the food was great as were the furnishings and beds...just a top quality B&B.

Easy access to all the top somerset spots by car.

Very environmentally savy people too which I really appreciated too, oh and happy cows that like a scratch if you put your hand out! ;)

PS. I won't add a photo as I think you'll appreciate the lovely surprise!

Room Tip: Front room overlooks fields, rolling hills and leads all the way to Glastonbury Tor in the distance...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LukeUnicorn
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stopped here for a night on the Plymouth to London cycle my friends were doing and it was a fantastic choice! Debbie and Jim are excellent hosts and have built a superb house with absolutely gorgeous rooms and beautiful views across to Glastonbury Tor. Breakfast was top notch and plentiful and the beds were very comfortable. 11 out of 10!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SmileyR7
Lincoln. England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

What a gem of a B&B tucked away on the outskirts of Shepton Mallet! I cannot recommend this place enough!!! The rooms are clean, tidy, comfortable and finished to a high spec! The views overlooking the farm and Glastonbury in the distance from the breakfast table are beautiful. Debbie is superb - nothing is too much trouble. I know the engineer had come out prior to our stay but the only thing that could improve is that Wifi was available in the bedrooms - this is more due from a work perspective than anything else!! We will be visiting again in the not to distant future that is for sure!!! Thanks Debbie

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed here for two nights whilst building a new skatepark in Pilton. The house is simply stunning! So clean and tidy, the view from the breakfast table is wonderful. Debbie was so welcoming, I really didn't want to leave! I really can't rate my stay highly enough, enough to say that I will be going back to stay there for a relaxing weekend rather than for work. I can honestly say that I have never stayed in a more beautiful b&b. Anyone else reading this I can say you are in for a treat at Somerset View Farm! Thank you so much Debbie for making my stay effortless!
Phil Clelland

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful weekend stay in this newly built farmhouse. Somerset View is a working farm and the experience of staying in this beautiful house with fine country views was first rate. The room was spacious and very comfortable with a good shower, and Debbie's locally sourced breakfast (served in a large living room with excellent views) was ample and delicious. We can't fault Country Comfort and will return if we have an opportunity.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple