Stayed the one night whilst traveling on business. The staff were very pleasant and helpfull, evening meal and breakfast were a little disjointed but adequate for the cost.
I was given a room on the 3rd floor, which overall was clean and reasonably comfortable, allthough rather cramped, i.e. no point having a chest of draws and dressing table if there is no room to open the draws, you get the feeling they have got a job lot of furniture and want to use every bit of it. The one problem I had was that the coridor on that floor had the roof joists running across it, which meant you had to duck sideways every few feet to avoid banging your head, and I m not tht tall. Unfortunatelly I forgot to do a coupe of times ! and had the lumps to show for it. I dread to think what would happen if there were an emergency and people tried to exit in the dark, the ocupantsof the third floor would be uncontious before they got to the stairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highwayman Inn is situated in a stunning location in Shepton Mallet with superb views of the scenic Mendip Hills and 14 tastefully decorated en-suite rooms. All guestrooms are fully equipped with the most modern facilities such as multichannel TV, internet access and tea and coffee making facilities to ensure a comfortable and relaxing stay. The Inn's restaurant is where guests can enjoy a healthy and traditional dish along with a drink in its acclaimed real ale bar. The Inn is the ideal location to explore and enjoy the wonderful surroundings of Somerset countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Highwayman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highwayman Hotel Shepton Mallet
- Highwayman Inn Shepton Mallet, Somerset