A really nice little hotel that isn't expensive is getting rare. The Highwayman Inn offers a good service which translates into excellent value for money. Given there is a bar restaurant open every day as well, it is an extremely useful place to stay as you don't have to go out at night after a busy day.
The bar is friendly and warm, typically British country pub atmosphere. In the restaurant part you can order a nicely varied range of food which is well presented and correctly cooked.
Breakfast is very good - bacon, eggs, sausage etcetera plus cereals and toast.
Overall a very reasonable price for what is on offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highwayman Inn is situated in a stunning location in Shepton Mallet with superb views of the scenic Mendip Hills and 14 tastefully decorated en-suite rooms. All guestrooms are fully equipped with the most modern facilities such as multichannel TV, internet access and tea and coffee making facilities to ensure a comfortable and relaxing stay. The Inn's restaurant is where guests can enjoy a healthy and traditional dish along with a drink in its acclaimed real ale bar. The Inn is the ideal location to explore and enjoy the wonderful surroundings of Somerset countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your Highwayman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highwayman Hotel Shepton Mallet
- Highwayman Inn Shepton Mallet, Somerset