Lowest prices for your stay
£120
£115
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
£100
All reviews executive room bridal suite sunday lunch from start to finish the hotel car park black pudding wedding reception wedding venue full english steak following morning an overnight stay comfy bed matt lilly meal jak
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2024 via mobile

A huge thank you to the Crown for hosting our charity ball. Everyone was absolutely incredible and I can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve done.
All our guests said how impeccable the food and service was and there will definitely be a lot of people returning to The Crown in the future.
I just want to say a special thank you to Tori for allowing us to have the beautiful room and Tony who was absolutely amazing yesterday and put my mind at ease if I were unsure of anything. The rooms were fantastic value for money, very clean. Breakfast the next day was fantastic.
Thank you so much to everyone at the Crown, you have all been truly amazing.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2024

Overnight stay for my birthday.
Double room was spacious, well decorated and spotless
Ate in the restaurant ( teriyaki salmon) and it was delicious. Breakfast was great quality ingredients cooked to perfection,, even the poached eggs. All served promptly and piping hot although spoiled by the air con which meant it was cold before we had chance to eat it all. Only a couple of issues, awkward to reach around the shower screen to turn on it on without getting soaked in cold water and even.more difficult to fill kettle.which wouldn't fit under the basin taps
Disappointed that you now have to.pay for parking, although £6 for 24hrs isn't too bad
Looking forward to a return stay later in the year

Room tip: Be aware now charge for parking
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2024

I stay in a lot hotels , of various quality, I arrived late at the Crown at parked outside, thought space belonged to the hotel, it didn't
Got a ticket the next day ...this is not the fault of the hotel , it's down to me not seeing the signs ..but be aware !

But the Hotel is certainly past it's best , bed very uncomfortable, staff unhelpful apart from the excellent lady at Breakfast, who was very good

When I asked for crisps or nuts at the bar , told there was a garage down the road ..I smiled

Don't forget anything as it won't be returned...left in a in rush ..leaving my earbuds in the case ...they disappeared..which is unusual these days ...again my fault ..but you do normally find things get handed in
Chased this three times ..hotel receptionist not interested..seemed to find it funny ....

Won't be going back

Cheers

Room tip: Could be so much better , just needs better management .
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank OnAir65201655889
Reviewed 6 January 2024 via mobile

Not good value for money but biggest issue was a lack of care/attention to detail for me. Carpets in hallway and restaurant unhoovered, had to ask for the barmaid to come to the bar (sitting in reception), nobody to welcome/seat you at breakfast, dodgy handle in the bathroom, a kettle you couldn’t actually get under the tap in the bathroom to fill it, incorrect invoice, not asked if everything was ok with the stay, private parking company now installed to charge residents for car parking. All small stuff in themselves but added together made it a poor experience.
Told by staff in restaurant not to pay tip on card as it would not get to them if we did - maybe that is a cause of the small stuff being missed.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Evan G
Reviewed 31 December 2023

A regular visit for a breakfast, quite busy for midweek but the service from Karen was great as usual, even though it was so busy, the food was excellent and cooked to order as it always is.
Looking forward to my next breakfast visit in the new year

Room tip: The Crown is just that a bejewelled hotel and restaurant of Bawtry a 12th century port, with links to the Pilgrim Father's. Great parking.
Date of stay: December 2023