“Lovely night ”

Ranked #2 of 2 Bawtry B&B and Inns
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Lovely night ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic meal as usual food and staff great. Will be back before you know it!! Would recomend the pie its home made with a propper crust. None of that flakey rubbish while the whale size fish looked well worth a try.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Been in a couple of times now, after experiencing some great - bad places around Doncaster the wife and I have decided to share our opinions. No need to worry though, this place is great!! the meals are really cooked well, and although their arn't a great deal of wines to choose from, i didnt mind as it felt i was in a great country pub! worth going to if your passing by! i heard from a waitress there that they even have hotel rooms, not sure where they are hidden but im definately going to check them out

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steveyc_71
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night after one of the most popular hotels in the area was fully booked. Well! I'm so pleased to say I'm glad they was. The Mayflower is a lovely boutique hotel with an exceptionally pleasant feel to it.
From first walking through the door to walking out the next day everything was perfect. The rooms do exactly what they say. Beautifully appointed and very comfortable, rather large beds. All the facilities that one would need.
The food, on the evening was tasty and plentiful. Without the hefty price tags. The breakfast again was quick, well presented and very, very nice. Certainly no complaints from us.
So, in a nutshell. We won't be going back to the other place to stay, I'm so happy we found this boutique hotel/restaurant.
100% from us. Totally happy, and totally happy to recommend to all.
So, one last thing to say. thank you to all at the Mayflower. See you soon.

Room Tip: All appear to be lovely. All newly done.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NicianLondon
Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

My parents and I booked 2x rooms at the Mayflower Inn. Both were absolutely spotless, utterly charming and very well appointed. I stay in many hotels, as I travel frequently with work and the rooms would put many 4 star hotels to shame. The food we ate was traditional pub fare but beautifully cooked. One review I read before I booked complained about the chips - well the chips we had were excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful. The whole experience was very well priced. If you usually stay in a hotel, then I recommend that you give this lovely Inn a try; you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

First of all fantastic stay, brilliant service, helpful, clean and a real cosy feel to the whole place. Rooms luxuary. We took the smallest room available and even that was great. Would i stay again......yes :)

Also as others have said...the best bed i have slept in 5*

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and for those that prefer to skim read here's the synopsis:
- High quality rooms
- Excellent food
- We would stay again

That being said, they miss the mark on some of the finer points. We arrived just after 7pm on a sunday evening with our baby girl and when we checked in we were surprised to be told dinner stops at 8. Thats probably a reflection of the local trade but it meant I had to order dinner in the bar while my wife was in the room dealing with the babay alone. I would have expected a little understanding and perhaps even just a friendly suggestion for alternatives if we couldnt make it in time. Mind you, it was very tasty!
Breakfast was very very good both mornings.
Our room wasnt cleaned while we were out. I had asked if we needed to leave the room key so they could clean and I was told no. We left the room at 10am and when we returned some clean towels were left at the door but nothing had been done in the room. To add to this dissapointement the replacement toilet roll was not a normal one to fit in the luxury bathroom but one of the refills for the pub toilets.
Overall we enjoyed the stay and the quality of the fixtures and fittings were very good. It's just the little details that have let it down from being a perfect getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Andover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

I've just got back from 2 weeks on the road with work and this was by far the nicest hotel I stayed in whilst I was away. I also stayed at some 'big named' luxury hotel groups and this was better than all of them. In fact, it’s honestly the nicest place I can remember staying in for a very long time. It was faultless. The room was great, with one of the comfiest beds I’ve slept in, an awesome shower and a big, flat screen tv with Freeview.

There’s a great and varied menu for food and what I had was really well cooked and tasty. The service here is second to none and the staff are all incredibly friendly and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble.

I’d definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who’s thinking about it. This is a seriously good place to stay!

Room Tip: One of the rooms is smaller than the rest but I'm not sure what number that is. Still looked rea...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bawtry
The Crown Hotel
Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport
The Earl of Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
#6 of 19 in Doncaster

Been to Mayflower Bar, Eatery & Boutique Inn? Share your experiences!