DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woolsington
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“brilliant”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

stayed at hotel for a 50th anniversary do,thoroughly enjoyed our stay,wished we could have stayed longer,rooms marvelous,great breakfast,and a big thanks to front desk staff as i had left my i-pod touch in the safe,quickly retrieved by staff, big thank you

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
GMDoubletree_11, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Kendo_10. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your 50th anniverary with us. I have passed your thanks onto our reception team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We chose this hotel after colleagues booked into another hotel nearby and I read the reviews before cooking. Glad we did as by all accounts we had a much better nights sleep!

We were impressed with the yummy cookies given to us on arrival, the car is moved to the arrivals carpark on your return (not sure its necessary as the hotel is literally 100 metres from departures!) but its a nice touch!

The rooms are comfortable spacious and clean! Actually ver quiet considering its right next to the airport! I don't think I heard a single plane take off or land! Or maybe that's because when I am asleep I am dead to the world! Only minor niggle was the brightness of the bathroom light which when turned on disturbed my husband in the middle of the night!

We decided to dine at the restaurant at the hotel! We thought it might be expensive and average but a nice surprise to find it was an Italian with a good choice of food and very reasonable. Staff were excellent and not too intrusive. They were very accommodating and patient when we found out two colleagues from the other hotel were going to join us at our hotel rather than dining in the hotel they had booked into! We had to wait about half an hour before they arrived and even though was getting late didn't rush us to order when they arrived!

Breakfast was good served from very early 4am I think and there was lots of choice! Cooked, fruit, pastries etc. We were even offered eggs cooked differently from the kitchen.

All in all, a nice place to stay...and by all accounts of our business colleagues a much nicer and more comfortable stay than theirs! Would return!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear yumyum29, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was happy to read that you give us the opportunity to look after you even though your friends stayed elsewhere. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us especially are restaurant and that you had a pleasent nights sleep, We look forward to welcoming you and hopefully now your friends soon to the Doubletree by Hilton Newcastle Airport
Buckinghamshire, England
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel only opened for business a few weeks ago. It is only about 50 m to the front doors of the airport. I have now stayed there on business three times and intend to do so again.
The staff are very friendly and pretty efficient - their big selling point is handing you a large, warm chocolate chip and nut cookie on arrival. Brilliant after a long journey.
The rooms are of a reasonable size and extremely comfortable. The bathrooms have a lovely big walk in shower, big mirrors, plenty of hot water and good quality soap, shampoos etc. Strangely no magnifying shaving mirror - I missed that when trying to put on makeup in the morning.
The big double bed is lovely with lots of pillows and a nice duvet. Big flat screen TV. The aircon seems to work fine. There is an empty fridge to put drinks in. There is an excellent hair dryer.
The wifi is free - you collect a code for each day you are there at check-in.
I was not aware of aircraft noise – I slept very well.
The in-house Italian restaurant is great. I love fresh fish - the fish of the day has been first class. Everything is freshly cooked and so they were able to leave chili out of one dish so that I could eat it.
They have an amazing cocktail menu! Fun to read even though I don't drink cocktails when I am working!
There is a small but nice gym - two treadmills, two cycle machines and a couple of cross trainers. You need to pick up a door key from reception to get into the gym.
So what is the snag? Well, the breakfasts are just not up to the standard of the rest of the operation. I hope this is just early day teething troubles and they will get it sorted out properly. They do have someone to cook fresh eggs on demand but the results are variable. Eg Fried eggs cooked on the base but totally raw on top.
The breakfast buffet is a disappointment. Scrambled eggs which are congealed and dried out. No live natural yogurt. Pastries which are stale. This is not what I expect from a Hilton - I hope it gets sorted out sooner rather than later.
However there is a good display of cheeses and cold meats. I might give that a go next time I am there.
Once the breakfasts improve I will give the hotel a full five stars!

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in seem equally good!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear midasfriend, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our cookies. I am happy that you found our staff friendly and the hotel facilities to a high standard. I do apologize that the breakfast has not come up to the same standard and can assure you that this has been pasted on to the appropriate departments to improve. We look forward to you returning soon to the Doubletree by Hilton Newcastle Airport
Marske-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My wife and I stopped here before a very early flight next day. We couldn't fault this hotel or any element of service in any way. It was all excellent. They are the most friendly people I've met in hotels of this type and every aspect of customer service was great. We wouldn't hesitate to stop again.

Food at the attached Italian was also excellent quality and good value

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Plankspanker100, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially the service and food in the restaurant, We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Newcastle Airport on your next journey.
Scotland
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed at this new hotel the night before we flew to Thailand, the rooms were fab, the place was ideal for a short walk to airport, we had a meal in the hotel, which was lovely, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear bella058,Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am really pleased that you find our hotel and facilities great and we look forward to wecoming you back at the Doubletree by Hilton Newcastle Airport in the near future
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Having had a tiring drive up from down south for a family christening, we were really pleased with the Doubletree. It's modern and fresh, clean and tidy. The staff are all very friendly and courteous, which is a bonus from the outset! Our room was spacious, with a comfortable kingsize bed and a 37" TV, plush carpet and a terrific bathroom/showerroom. For air travellers, the location is unbeatable - you can walk to the terminal in a couple of minutes. We only heard 3 aircraft departing on the Saturday and 1 on the Sunday morning, so it wasn't noisy as far as we were concerned. Breakfast is straightforward - help yourself from the buffet bar at the back of the restaurant, or order a cooked breakfast when the waitress arrives to take your coffee order. How difficult is that?
Overall, we would have no hesitation in booking the Doubletree again in future. Let's hope it maintains these high standards for the future. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear ChappieDog, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning how nice the staff were during your stay. I can assure you we will continue to make sure our guests are looked after at the Doubletree by Hilton Newcastle Airport and we look forward to wecoming you back in the near future,
Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 25 March 2012

An average sized room, but with a really good bathroom and quality fixtures & fittings. Comfortable bed and pilows, reasonable priced and good quality food in restaurant, free wi-fi and free parking!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear JustinHemel, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us especially the comfortable bed and good value. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree By Hilton Newcastle Airport in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolsington
Premier Inn Newcastle Airport Hotel
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
#1 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,343 reviews
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#7 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Malmaison Newcastle
#15 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,217 reviews
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airpor...
#69 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,046 reviews

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport? Share your experiences!