DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woolsington
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Although my husband knows newcastle as a business man. Really didn't want to stay in town or down on the quay. Booked a disabled room which was enormous, although you wouldn't have noticed till you walked into the immaculate bathroom, which comes with all the toiletries needed. The bed was luxurious with many pillows to match. Has a LG flat screen, integral fridge and tea/coffee enough to last the night/day throughout your overnight stay, along with the giant warm cookie given at reception on checking-in. Booked a table at Fratello's and was given 2 choices of timings for dinner. The food is excellent, so much so we couldn't manage a sweet. If this is an example of Doubletree, will definately be staying again.

Room Tip: If possible don't choose a corner bedroom, metal open canopies on the walls caused alot of noise...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear TreesrgreenDoncaster, Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am very glad that you found our hotel luxurious and our dining options to be of a high standard. We pride ourselves on creating a comfortable and relaxing stay for all our guests. I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,104)

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We booked this hotel last minute as we had an early morning flight and the weather forecast was heavy snow. Reception staff were polite and welcoming. We were greeted with a still warm chocolate cookie - delicious. Our room was spacious with tea,coffee etc and a large flat screen TV. Lots of free toiletries in the bathroom too. Had a drink in the bar which is very nice - they had a log fire going and served food in the bar as well as the adjoining restaurant. There was no aircraft noise at all and overall I would say this hotel is quite luxurious.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cas62

Dear Cas62, Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am very glad that you had an enjoyable experience when travelling in the adverse weather was challenging. I hope you enjoyed your cookies and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

My husband and I at the end of December and decided to stay at the Hilton Hotel in Newcastle due to it's location. The night before our flight to Paris we stayed at the Doubletree Hotel next door (literally) to the airport. The Doubletree was a very pleasant and comfortable hotel. The Hilton was dirty and lacking in service. The location of the Hilton was better in that we didn't have to rely on taxis to get us into Newcastle every day, but we expected at least the same quality with Hilton that we had with the Doubletree Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy37064
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Kathy37064, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our location made your journey through Newcastle Airport more convenient. I hope you will return to us next time you are flying from Newcastle.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Just stayed at the Doubletree hotel next to Newcastle Airport before my son departed next day. This hotel is literally 2 min walk from departures, with underground carpark which was free for our one night stay, but I do believe u have to pay for longer. Hotel was clean and very welcoming, hot choc cookie on arrival was nice touch. Hotel offers bar food, which we had and quality was excellent and not over priced, as well as an italian restaurant. Drinks in bar were slightly more expensive but only to be expected. We stayed in a twin accessible room which was huge, overlooking airport entrance, and experienced no airport noise (although it was heavy snow so planes might not have been running)! Overall a brilliant hotel for anyone dropping off or picking up from airport to avoid an early morning commute. Paid £48 for room only - booked direct with hotel, although was same price on laterooms etc. Would recommend!

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Angel2805, thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal in Columbus Bar, and that you found our menu to be good quality and reasonably priced. Our location makes us ideal for guests who will be flying in and out of Newcastle Airport. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed here as I had an early flight from the airport, and not sure I'd get there from home early the morning of the flight.

Hotel hasn't been open very long. Rooms nicely furnished, bathroom quite impressive actually.

Very little noise from airport despite it being so close.

Used room service, nice. Chips great!

Staff spot on and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Durham_Bloke_UK, thank you for sharing your comments. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the chips! I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I went to Newcastle last year and I stayed this Hotel. The experience was really good, the room nice and service excellent. First of all, good connection. Close to the hotel and not far away from city, so you can go in less than half an hour by underground. The check in was fast and clean, and the receptionist gave the special cookie with a big smile, the same during check out. Wonderful. The breakfast was great, I felt care from staff and the food was good. During night I needed dental kit and also ice, and the night receptionist was more than fast I was almost hanging up the phone when he knocked the door, amazing. I have been in so many hotels and I got surprised with service. Congratulations. I really recommend this hotel and for sure I will choose it in my future stays.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Dear Rikdumzaki, thank you for your great comments. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and making sure that we do our best to meet your needs. I am glad that you will be using us in the future and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

My first stay here but definitely not my last. This stay came about due to being redirected owing to bad weather. The whole experience from check in to check out was very pleasant. Service on reception was efficient and brisk and I was greeted and treated as if I stayed there every week. The room (368) more than met my needs and had electric wrap around curtains for me to play with!!
Bathroom facilities were good and all other facilities such as good Internet, kettle, heating, lighting were just right. Excellent restaurant for dinner at Fratellos with good food and a prices that were at the right level. Breakfast provided a good variety and a 04:30 start was providing a good service for an airport hotel.
Hilton have pitched this hotel perfectly as combining an airport hotel with practicality and customer satisfaction is not an easy task. Well recommended.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear Philip C, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am very pleased to hear that we made your travel experience more enjoyable during this difficult weather. Our bedrooms are brand new and luxurious, and our staff make guest satisfaction their focus. I hope I can welcome you back to us very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolsington
Premier Inn Newcastle Airport Hotel
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
#1 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Malmaison Newcastle
Malmaison Newcastle
#13 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#11 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
#7 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
6 mi away
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
#14 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport? Share your experiences!