DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woolsington
Dublin, Ireland
“Great location!!!”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We had a nice stay here for a weekend. Staff were all friendly and helpful, food nice and the warm cookies were yum!! The hotel is right outside the gate of the airport and the metro train is right there to take you to town!

• Stayed February 2013
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear Cmonthebanner, thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your DoubleTree cookies. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 13 February 2013

What a great hotel. Yes it's brand new, but still an excellent experience. Stayed here on a work trip for one night, but would happily have stayed more.

A delightful welcome from Rachel on reception - who maintained her cheery nature despite a malfunctioning beeping for two days. The customary Doubletree warm cookies were a great touch.

The rooms were a very good size, with comfortable beds, luxurious decor, plentiful supplies, a wide-screen plasma TV and a huge power shower. The breakfast was also excellent. Location is literally 30 seconds walk from the airport terminal, but didn't hear any noise.

The only minor gripe was being asked to leave the bar at 11.30pm as it was closing, despite only arriving back at the hotel late in the evening and wanting a quick beer to unwind.

Will definitely be back though.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear boombangabang, thank you for writing your review of our hotel. We have passed your kind comments on to Rachel, and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location makes us perfect for guests travelling through Newcastle Airport, I hope you will stay with us again soon.
Northumberland
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Very pleasant and enjoyable stay overnight as we had an early flight.Found it was well worthwhile and meant we did not have to make such an early start from home.Room well appointed and comfortable.The evening meal we had was value for money.All round the staff were well motivated and so pleasant.

• Liked — Cleanliness and comfort
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Dear Keith75, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our staff to be helpful and pleasant. Our location makes us perfect for early flights, and I hope you will stay with us again next time you use Newcastle Airport.
Yarm
Reviewed 10 February 2013

As my flight was cancelled, Air France booked me in to this hotel. The staff were very helpful (I was travelling with 5 months old baby) and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable, the food from the restaurant was good and breakfast on the morning was of a good standard. Although I could see the runway from the window, I wasn't disturbed by the noise of the planes.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear Tinput, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that we were able to make your stay as enjoyable as possible given your flight cancellation. I hope you will stay with us again next time you use Newcastle Airport.
London
Reviewed 10 February 2013

In my opinion a good airport hotel needs to be within walking distance of the airport...none of this 'get a shuttle it's 5 mins away' I've had some 20 minute 'five minute' journeys!
It took around 40 seconds towalk from Newcastle Airport to the hotel. I arrived early in the morning and my room wasn't ready but I was offered a coffee, a cookie and use of the Business Centre until my room was ready. Some 25 mins later a member of staff came to tell me that my room was ready.
I had a corner room, facing the airport but with excellent sound proof windows I wasn't disturbed by the landing and departing aircraft. More problematic was finding the switch to close the electronic curtains (it's under the pillows on the bed...I kid you not).
The restaurant is Italian and serves a good selection of dishes. The breakfast selection is adequate and the quality was good. Staff were very friendly and happy to help, with good tit bits of advice. Get the hotel to book you a taxi...don't walk over to the airport as those taxis charge a premium. All in all a great stay that all began with a warm cookie.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the ends rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear showbizandi, thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially our Italian restaurant and the signature DoubleTree cookie. I am pleased that you also found our team helpful and friendly. I hope we can welcome you back very soon.
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Doubletree Newcastle Airport is a great hotel; the staff take time to go the extra mile & the restaurant is very good too. The hotel bedrooms are very comfortable, and there's little noise from the airport opposite. I'll stay here again!

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Thomas T, thank you for your kind comments. I am immensely glad that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you stay in the area.
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here just after the New Year, had a great night. Customer service was exceptional and the room immaculate. Bar area is great and again, the service was brilliant. We were very impressed and will no doubt be booking again in the future. This hotel would be a great way to start a summer holiday, especially for people travelling to Newcastle Airport.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stlee12
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Dear Stlee12, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I am looking forward to having you back next time you use Newcastle Airport.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolsington
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airpor...
#69 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
#8 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#7 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Malmaison Newcastle
Malmaison Newcastle
#15 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport? Share your experiences!