DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woolsington
Reviewed 21 January 2014

So my hotel was changed from Newcastle city centre to Newcastle Airport at 8pm while I was on the way to the hotel. Wasn't too bothered by that. The Hilton manager I spoke to said he would send me an email giving me an upgrade next time I stayed in Newcastle (never happened). The new hotel was clean, but noisy. The lift noise kept me awake until 2am. Had I mustered the energy I would have asked for a new room, but when you have already changed hotel the last thing you need is a new bloody room. So got a crap nights sleep in the hotel I should have never been in.

7  Thank Mike P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,087)

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I visited the double tree with my fiance, we were greeted on arrival by friendly staff who were more than happy to help, with a smile on there face and a warm cookie. We were given a requested upgrade which was a fantastic suprise and surely had to be the best oom in the hotel, this was situated on the corner, runway view with an array of windows surrounding the room, which was fantastic, giving a panaoramic view of our surroundings. The room was 5*****, very comfortable with great technology, such as electronic curtains with a great television. The room service was absolutely delcicious and the room service lady was very friendly.

Thank you for a great stay, will be sure to return and would reccomend it to anyone looking for a stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thenorthumbrian
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel is smart and comfortable but is let down by attention to detail; my morning alarm call was missed; the hospitality tray and in-room guest details are not quite of the quality expected. I would have expected a wider range of teas/coffees, as well as an in-room minibar; bathrobe and slippers; turn down service etc

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank marinscot
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel prior to flying out on holiday. Reception excellent and room with a runway view really put us in the holiday mood. We had a relaxing afternoon, free wi-fi and dinner booked in the hotel restaurant for 7.30 what could possibly go wrong? We were greeted and shown to our table as you would expect. We ordered our food and a bottle of wine. The wine arrived almost immediately but not so our dinner. Just over an hour later we were served an indelible mess, different dishes but both indelible and for the first time in my fairly lengthy life I had to send the food back. The replacement arrived some 30 minutes later and although better, it was still not good. In fairness, the manager deducted the cost of the wine but we were deflated by it all. It is not a cheap place and they should do better. Breakfast was excellent. The good bits were very good but the bad made it ugly. Staying again on the 9th of Feb but not having dinner.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tony C
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Tony C, many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologise for the issues that you had in our restaurant during your stay, I undestand that you have been contacted directly in regards to this. I hope that you will enjoy your upcoming stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Really loveley, not like a Airport hotel.Rooms were different and spotlessly clean, so nice to have different food to choose. Will definatly use this hotel again. It is sust a two minite walk from the airport.

1  Thank Eirwen B
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This really is a fantastic hotel so close to an airport. Had late eve apt and so needed to stay over to catch early flight home the following morning. As this was a business visit, I had booked my flights around apps, but when someone cancelled an apt the day before, I called the hotel and asked if I could check-in early so I could work. She said that was fine, and said she would make a note on the booking, and sure enough the following day when I checked in at 9:30 she said she remembered speaking to me, made sure I had everything I needed, and bought up some fizzy water during the morning for me (and didn't charge).
It makes such a difference when you have this level of service on business, and my queen bedroom was a great size with a marble working desk with plenty of room.
only heard 3 planes in the background in as many hours in the morning, so assume that must have been the internationals, and nothing overnight. Good dinner there in the eve, and breakfast in the morning, and a 2 min walk to check-in. Travelled back feeling v refreshed - superb!

Room Tip: was overlooking the bar in centre of hotel, this may have helped with the peace, in room 206
1  Thank JulieF172
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed on 24.12.13 before our flight to Malta on Christmas Eve. Very good. Stayed again on our return on 7.1.14. Both times same receptionist. Very helpful and pleasant. Had dinner which was mediocure. 10.30p.m member of staff started hoovering in the bar whilst customers where still finishing their meals. What was that all about? I thought this was a five star hotel!!! Would have rated this hotel excellent if it had not been for dyson man.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Janis B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolsington
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosfort...
#33 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Jurys Inn Newcastle
Jurys Inn Newcastle
#21 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hote...
#26 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
6 mi away
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
#14 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport? Share your experiences!