DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Travelodge Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
Novotel Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Pool
Metro Inns Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
Travelodge Newcastle Gosforth(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Pool
2,138 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiescolumbus baron arrivalan early flightterminal buildinggreat hotellong stayair concar parkmetro stationrooms are spaciousgood nights sleepmodern hotelreception stafffollowing morningnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2014

So my hotel was changed from Newcastle city centre to Newcastle Airport at 8pm while I was on the way to the hotel. Wasn't too bothered by that. The Hilton manager I spoke to said he would send me an email giving me an upgrade next time I stayed in Newcastle (never happened). The new hotel was clean, but noisy. The lift noise kept me awake until 2am. Had I mustered the energy I would have asked for a new room, but when you have already changed hotel the last thing you need is a new bloody room. So got a crap nights sleep in the hotel I should have never been in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I visited the double tree with my fiance, we were greeted on arrival by friendly staff who were more than happy to help, with a smile on there face and a warm cookie. We were given a requested upgrade which was a fantastic suprise and surely had to be the best oom in the hotel, this was situated on the corner, runway view with an array of windows surrounding the room, which was fantastic, giving a panaoramic view of our surroundings. The room was 5*****, very comfortable with great technology, such as electronic curtains with a great television. The room service was absolutely delcicious and the room service lady was very friendly.

Thank you for a great stay, will be sure to return and would reccomend it to anyone looking for a stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thenorthumbrian
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel is smart and comfortable but is let down by attention to detail; my morning alarm call was missed; the hospitality tray and in-room guest details are not quite of the quality expected. I would have expected a wider range of teas/coffees, as well as an in-room minibar; bathrobe and slippers; turn down service etc

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank marinscot
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel prior to flying out on holiday. Reception excellent and room with a runway view really put us in the holiday mood. We had a relaxing afternoon, free wi-fi and dinner booked in the hotel restaurant for 7.30 what could possibly go wrong? We were greeted and shown to our table as you would expect. We ordered our food and a bottle of wine. The wine arrived almost immediately but not so our dinner. Just over an hour later we were served an indelible mess, different dishes but both indelible and for the first time in my fairly lengthy life I had to send the food back. The replacement arrived some 30 minutes later and although better, it was still not good. In fairness, the manager deducted the cost of the wine but we were deflated by it all. It is not a cheap place and they should do better. Breakfast was excellent. The good bits were very good but the bad made it ugly. Staying again on the 9th of Feb but not having dinner.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tony C
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Tony C, many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologise for the issues that you had in our restaurant during your stay, I undestand that you have been contacted directly in regards to this. I hope that you will enjoy your upcoming stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Really loveley, not like a Airport hotel.Rooms were different and spotlessly clean, so nice to have different food to choose. Will definatly use this hotel again. It is sust a two minite walk from the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business