DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woolsington
“Superb Value”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago, and as a regular HHonors Gold member this was my third stay in a few months.

The checkin staff remembered me and upgraded me to deluxe room 252 which is a triangular corner room - it's larger than the others and has very funky electric curtains which you can control from the bed! I was also given a free breakfast voucher in line with the rate I paid, and a free drink voucher.

The hotel is literally right outside the airport and metro station - the centre of town is 20 minutes away and I've used this hotel as a base for it before.

For about £45 a night (or 10000 Hilton points) it is very difficult to fault the hotel. Breakfast starts from 0430(!) in Fratello's restaurant and is the usual offer at a Doubletree - perfectly fine to start any day.

Doubletree can be a very inconsistent brand but this is one of the better ones.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jetset00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

To all the staff at the double tree by Hilton hotel.

We just can't think of where to begin in thanking all of you for making our reception such a memorable part of our special day.

Emma was a fantastic wedding planner. Always responded to all my emails and nothing was ever a problem she was so calm which in turn kept me nice and calm. At no point did I ever feel this was just another wedding Emma.

Mathew and Abby so professional and very smartly dressed. They kept everything running smoothly on the day and had such a calming influence on myself and Davey nothing was a problem to them they would sort it.

Everybody was very complementary about the food. The chief did an amazing job especially as did not notify them of one guest who could not eat hardly anything with a gluten free diet. This wasn't a problem and she was catered for durning the day and night.

Our reception room looked absolutely amazing. The whole of the hotel looked amazing and was great for us for photographs it was just such lovely place to have my wedding reception. All my guests commented on how beautiful their rooms were and breakfast. Ps Emma loved our corner room thanks.

I would also like to thank the dj for an amazing evening reception an keeping everybody on the dance floor it made our night. He was great and a couple of friends have asked for his number to use him. Thank you.

All staff smiled and made all our guest feel very welcome.

Thank you once again double tree by Hilton my day was amazing

• Stayed December 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Booked the hotel as part of the parking deal. We arrived to be greeted by a professional receptionist. Check in was swift and the parking was explained quickly and professionally. Added breakfast at £10 pp, well worth it! The Hotel is immaculately clean and the bar is a lovely place to sit and relax to get into holiday mode.It is lovely to recommend this hotel for service, quality and meeting customers expectations first time, we will definitely be back when we fly from Newcastle again. Well done team Double Tree by Hilton Newcastle Airport.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mpopins34
Portpatrick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and me stayed at the hotel on a Sunday 2nd March and frankly I wished I'd booked somewhere else. The reason for the booking was attendance at the nearby Kingston Park to watch Leicester Tigers beat the Falcons [18 - 41]. We arrived at the hotel early and left our luggage as the room wasn't yet ready. Upon our return we were advised that we had a third floor room, 326. Our first impression was that the room was small and that it was only marginally better than the room we had at the Holiday Inn Express, East Midlands Airport a few weeks ago. Then came another thought which was the price paid. At the HIE we paid £82 for 1 nights B&B with 15 days parking. Here it was £90 B&B plus an extra £5 for an overnight car park.

However, it wasn't until we returned from our evening meal and tried relaxing in our bedroom that we noticed the incessant noise coming, it seemed, from the air conditioning. We tried turning it off but the noise remained. I rang down to reception who advised that they could turn the unit off from there but still the noise continued. It appears that the 'whirring' noise was emanating from the large vent in the hallway which I explained to reception. As it would have prevented us from getting some sleep the receptionist offered to move us to another room, 316 just along the corridor. Thankfully, this room was quiet and oddly, much bigger than R326.

So to conclude, My wife and me do not feel this hotel offers value for money when compared to the HIE. Both hotels are serving the same 'airport' market yet the HIE seems to be able to offer much better rates which is why we think this hotel offers overpriced mediocrity!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Annian1
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Ideal for early morning flights from airport. Rooms quiet despite location. Excellent value or money - compared to other less upmarket airport hotels. My second visit and would definitely stay again. Staff welcoming and very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Omc62
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Omc62, thank you for your kind review. Our location makes us perfect for using Newcastle Airport. I hope you will come back and stay with us very soon!
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great Hotel and great value for money, Furnishings were to a high standard and there was no noise from the airport, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Only draw back was the parking charge but as it is close to the airport I understand why.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Bryan D
Cittadella, Italy
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Very close to the airport. Expensive, but nice and clean. Did not have time to try amenities of the hotel because I arrived late and I had an early flight the next morning. But it is twice as expensive as other hotels in the neighborhood,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolsington
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airpor...
#69 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
#8 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#7 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Malmaison Newcastle
Malmaison Newcastle
#15 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport? Share your experiences!