DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woolsington

One night stay -

Check in had all of my reservation details ready on arrival, warm cookie offered (politely declined as it was 7am!)

Room was stunning and had it not been Newcastle airport I would have been quite happy having this for a weeks holiday!

Hotel was impeccably clean and staff were really friendly.

Hotel is a hop from the front door of the terminal.

Couldn't fault this hotel if I wanted to be picky!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,067)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

we have stayed at this hotel before and have found the staff very helpful, the proximity to the airport and the valet parking is ideal - especially if it is raining.... the pick up point is just outside the airport making the double tree hilton the ideal sleep over hotel prior to flying anywhere. Good restaurant and decent price for bottle of Chardonnay...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ljdj1980
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Unfortunately, the quality of the stay is not Hilton standard. Small room with furniture not appropriate. Restaurant Italian only by name and the breakfast very poor and of low quality. Sicuremente very convenient for those who have an early morning flight, check-in can be reached on foot in two minutes.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank VicusAurelii
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear VicusAurelii, thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry to read that you did not find our facilities and restaurant of a good standard. All of our rooms are equipped with modern amenities and are decorated to a high standard. Our restaurant uses only fresh and locally sourced ingredients in both our breakfast service and our contemporary restaurant menu. Our location adjacent to the airport terminal makes us perfect for guests with early flights or who wish to reduce travel time before their flight. I hope that you will book with us again very soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Good hotel very close to the airport. We had a comfortable stay, the rooms are amazingly soundproofed against the airplanes! Great selection at breakfast including smoked salmon at the buffet which was lovely. My only complaint was that the shower was awful, no power at all it was more like a dribble.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Excellent hotel for comfort and finish. Unfortunately we experienced a less than enthusiastic reception staff when attempting to establish the validity of a room charge on departure. This said the hotel is very well appointed and would provide very comfortable accomodation for a stay. Ideally located for the Newcastle Airport, Newcastle itself, and the rural areas around Newcastle.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tony D
Reviewed 2 April 2014

High quality Italian restaurant, adds the extra to convenience and service. Friendly staff committed to delivering a quality stay. Surprisingly high standard for an airport hotel. Rooms quiet and clean, with adequate space

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I booked into here as the reviews were very good i stayed with family for two days and here for two days as it was close to airport in fact it's so close its amazing, that is the only good thing upon arriving it took ages to book in so slow,
we got to our room room 251 other side off the hotel like the halls were so long it took about three minutes in high heels forever to get to our room.
The room itself was lovely very four star standard was pleased with room, went to go down to the bar and it was early on a Saturday night they were shutting the doors as we came down and we were only people in the place on a Saturday night at 11pm thinking there would be something on since its the hillton, no people no atmosphere just dead silence, we didn't want to bother the bar man so sat in the foye were they had lovely fancy modern fires that weren't lit so I asked could I hit a switch to turn one off them on, to which the guy on the desk turned around and said no we turn them off at this time I said it's only early he told me to walk around the halls there "very toasty" which I was dumb founded by sit in the halls or walk about them!? Very rude it wasn't the older guy the other guy who was quite over weight just so he knows who he is who was on Saturday 29th March!!
So the next night we came down hoping there would be humans there was about six in the bar still very quiet prices for drinks cocktails very expensive crisps very expensive dinner for what you got expensive, the last night I asked at 9 could I have the fire on in the foye and I got told no again the foye is cold and a weird shape they should allow paying customers heat.
Other things I have now got a cold you can't open the windows although the air con is great you really need normal air in rooms.
We ordered breakfast and it came up all wrong the juice was warm food didn't have bacon, eggs were something out off a egg Mcmuffin from macDonalds pretty rank and all for the great price off £33 far too expensive.
Not to mention people walking into my room for house cleaning five times we couldn't sleep, so we were all bunged up but people walking into my room constantly while I'm in my underwear with a guy coming in and someone constantly ringing my phone.
This place needs a lot sorted otherwise it would be great but for being the hillton it should not have that title only the rooms deserve that and prices if you want to see other human beings do not go here!!! its great i mean great for being next to airport but that's it.
Sorry for the bad review but some off the things were unacceptable!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beefy B

Dear BeefyB, many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to read that there were some aspects to your stay that were not satisfactory.

The fires in the atrium area are only used during the winter months and are not turned on during the night.

With regards to your room service experience, I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy the food you received. Room service orders for breakfast are placed by completing the breakfast choice card in your room, and only the items ticked off on the card are served. Your comments have been passed to the food and beverage department and I would like to apologise if the food quality was not satisfactory.

I sincerely hope that you will book with us again soon so that you can experience the high level of service we strive to provide.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolsington
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosfort...
#33 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
#7 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hote...
#25 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
#1 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport? Share your experiences!