DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woolsington
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions. I have stayed whilst visiting the area on business. It has always been spotlessly clean. Due to my work I tend to leave very early in the morning sometimes at 3.30a.m.Obviously I sleep in the early evening and have never been woken by the usual banging of hotel doors during the night. I only have one slight criticism and that is that in the time I have visited the room service menu has not changed although the food is very nice it can be repetitive. Always found the reception staff very helpful. Very good car-park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,103)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Easy to find with on site car parking. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast food was basic and some items were cold. Bar was good but expensive. Good sized bedroom with good quality comforts but bathroom was very small. Lighting in room could be improved.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Jsuman, thank you for your review of our hotel. Your comments regarding the breakfast items will be passed to the relevant department to be looked into. I am glad that you found the location easy to find and the rooms comfortable. We hope that we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here with my partner during a holiday to the northeast. As we were visting places in Northumberland as well as Newcastle, we booked at the DoubleTree because it close to the main roads in the area and would enable a fuss free journey to wherever we wanted to go to. Its an absolute gem of a hotel with really good rooms, comfy beds, its decorated really well and the staff were really nice and helpful. The aircon worked which can be a bit of a rarity in some hotels these days and there was hardly any noticeable noise from the airport (I mean you could hear a plane taking off but it wasn't disturbingly loud). The food at the bar was really good and breakfast was fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel. 10/10

1  Thank Oliwilliams
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great hotel for early morning flights, just over the road from the airport, nice and clean, comfy bed, friendly staff, windows don't open in the rooms which I don't like, not much selection on the menu and quite pricey so we popped over to the premiere inn for food, more selection, better prices, happy hour on drinks from 5 till 7.

Room Tip: The only thing I would say is if you like fresh air don't stay as you can't open windows in...
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I decided to stay here the night before a flight from Newcastle Airport. The deal included free car parking for a fortnight, which I assumed would be at their own car park, next door to the airport terminal. However, it was at the airport long stay car park, still not a long walk as it wasn't raining either way. But as I left my car in their car park overnight, it cost me an extra £5 charge. My fault I suppose for not checking first.
The hotel itself was a standard modern hotel: clean, tidy, soulless.
I did think it was expensive, more so than other airport hotels I have stayed at on stay and park deals.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We needed a hotel room before a very early flight next day and, to be honest, the Premier Inn which has been the only option for years is a little too basic and getting pricier for the same old stuff (i.e. very little). So it was a surprise to see a new hotel has been built right at the airport....a hundred yards from the main terminal building so a cinchy to walk to.
The building itself looks a little unassuming simply because it is straight off a roundabout and parking looks minimal, however that was an illusion as the hotel has underground parking which I believe is about 5 pounds sterling per day. That wasn't an issue for us, because as soon as we checked in, we dropped the car back at the rental place. Check in was a breeze - the staff really friendly and accommodating. Warm cookies for the children and a choice of fruit for me. I had previously requested connecting rooms as I was traveling on my own without spouse and we needed 2 rooms (the normal limit is 2 persons per room). This was no trouble at all for the staff. You can tell it is a new hotel by the quality of the rooms and cleanliness. Everything was spotlessly clean including the lovely carpeting. Bed linens were high quality. The marble bathrooms with huge showers (two powerful shower heads), were large and well contained. Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries were a lovely addition. My only gripe (if any) was that the floor outside the shower can get a little wet and it can be difficult to open the shower door if the bath towel is in the way, due to the height - however that was really minimal. A bath would have been nice, but both the children preferred the showers here anyway! I didn't realize we also had mini fridges, which were a nice touch. We had dinner in the attached restaurant which is based around a courtyard, (Fratelli's) which surprised us also with really great Italian food, a wide range of wines (and cocktails....Alleluia!) and dishes we all enjoyed. I would definitely go for one of the pasta dishes rather than the more expensive steaks. My youngest (he of the non-appetite) wolfed down a child's pizza which anywhere else would have been considered extra-large! The food was pricey BUT we had a wonderful dinner and without any stress or bad pub food which is more usual near the airport. We slept well overnight without hearing ANY sound from planes cars, people or corridors. Breakfast next day began at 4.30 am with hot food served at 6am (but which could be ordered individually beforehand and they kindly gave my son his much-begged for waffles for free). Checkout was a breeze and the clerk even walked me over to the terminal with our bags...knowing that my wonderful children weren't exactly much help! That was a really nice touch and much appreciated. This hotel deserves to be a city hotel contender as it really is what Newcastle Airport has been sorely in need of for many years. Well done! We will be back.

Room Tip: We had one on 2nd floor, which was perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mdbd1

Dear mdbd1, thank you for your wonderful review. I am so glad that you found the hotel and amenities clean and modern. Our Fratellos Restaurant serves fresh and locally sourced ingredients with helpful and friendly staff. I hope that you will come back to us very soon the next time you use Newcastle Airport.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Checked in on 25th June as we had a 7.00 am flight booked on the 26th with the Stay, Park and Fly deal. Booked 2 adjoining rooms as travelling with our 2 children. On arrival, we asked what we needed to do with the car - receptionist told my husband to drive to long stay carpark - and return to hotel - that was all. Went to rooms - they were really lovely. Went to get an early night due to early rise and thats when the trouble started - air conditioning unit in our room was making whooshing noises and every so often it was like a tap was running - very loudly. At 10.30 pm I'd had enough and phoned reception and I was told they would 'fix it at the back panel' whatever that meant. 10.45pm still noisy and no improvement - phoned back reception - who said they would get the duty manager to have a look. 11.10pm still noisy and no improvement so phoned back reception to be told 'it wasn't convenient as the night shift had just started and he would phone me back shortly' - really ? Well the phone call never came. So not a wink of sleep all night !! Then on arrival back in country on 6th July, my husband tries to get the car out of the long stay carpark only to be told we should have had a ticket from the hotel !! We had specifically asked the reception what we needed to do !! So frustrating - next time we will use the Premier inn - its literally across the road !!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Brenda H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolsington
Premier Inn Newcastle Airport Hotel
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
#1 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Malmaison Newcastle
Malmaison Newcastle
#13 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#11 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
#7 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
6 mi away
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
#14 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport? Share your experiences!