“Best night sleep in a long time”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woolsington
Northumberland
“Best night sleep in a long time”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel. Just stayed the one night as I was flying to malaga the following morning but I wished I.could have stayed much longer. The room was beautifully clean with everything you needed.to make your stay a good one. The. Established thing was the welcome cookie, such a good idea and I can safely say it goes down a treat with the hot chocolate served on your tea,coffee tray.

Look forward to.staying here again!!!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank stevensliam93
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear stevensliam93, thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and especially your Doubletree cookie! We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here the night before an early flight for our holiday. There was a bit of a queue to check in due to a wedding party arriving but when we got to the front of the queue service was quick and efficient. Our room was modern and spacious, king size super comfy bed and pillows with a large shower in the bathroom. Fridge kettle large tv etc all looked brand new. Not much space for hanging clothes but not the sort of place you would spend more than a couple nights so not a problem. Had dinner in Frattellis restaurant which was very tasty but service was a little slow. Good night's sleep, no noise from other guests in the corridors considering there was wedding party and the drinks were flowing in the bar! Breakfast again in Frattellis which was excellent - buffet style with a very good hot and cold choice. Very short walk just across the road to the airport terminal for a leisurely start to our holiday.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I use this hotel a few tfavouritees per year if I have early flights. On this occasion I was treating my 17 year old daughter to a long weekend away in Amsterdam. My daughter is high maintenance and her list of demands and the fact it takes her ages to get ready I thought it would probably be best if I used up some of my hhonors points and got two rooms for her and a room for myself.

Check in. Brilliant, the young receptionist knew my face from past stays and we chatted about my daughter being a nervous traveller. I took my welcome envelope consisting of two breakfast vouchers, two drinks vouchers and a letter from the duty manager welcoming myself back...as a gold hhonors member I always receive an upgrade but on this occasion although it said my room had been upgraded it hadn't...to be fair though I did state in my booking that if I didn't receive an upgrade I wished to have the two room numbers that I got.

The room (154) itself is of a high standard..the large LCD tv has free view channels and the room has an ironing board and iron. The bathroom only had a large shower in which the water seemed to pour out of the bottom of the glass door as there was a problem with the drainage of surplus water in the shower unit. I always have a wonderful sleep in the Doubletree bed..the mattress is just right as are the pillows.

Breakfast. I do love the Doubletree breakfast..it is the only time I make a pig of myself (Not when i'm going to connect to a long haul flight though)
the restaurant breakfast staff are always very friendly asking if I needed anything extra cooked. My daughter did spot the the window blinds were dirty and the floor beside the blinds looked dirty as well...I thought not to mention it until check out.

Check out. Swift check out from again a friendly new faced member of staff. I was asked if everything went ok during our stay and at that point I brought the dirty blinds/flooring up...the receptionist thanked us for bringing it up and would act on it...and at that point my daughter and I received two vouchers of £20 each..i'm not sure if my gold status had anything to do with it or not though?. I would hope not.

This hotel is one of my favourite hotels and i'm so pleased it's at NCL airport. I always have a nice stay..it's a great start to any trip away whether short, medium or long haul. Using points to pay for rooms is a dream 10,000 for a free room or 4,000 + £22 is simply awesomely fantastic especially when I receive top wifi, a free drink, a free breakfast and a room upgrade.

Thanks for another great stay and see you next month :)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mark G
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Excellent room, well worth room upgrade total room price £82 per night, we make this a night before we fly, even though we live within a hours drive, feel of luxury great staff and restaraunt, 2 min walk to airport terminal, refreshed for our holidays

Room Tip: Runway view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Booked a deluxe room for 2 nights, but was very disappointed. Room small and mot that clean. All felt a bit tired and sticky. When we asked what the difference was between a 'deluxe room' and a standard room, we were surprised to be told they are exactly the same rooms with deluxe having addition of bottled water, slippers and robe - not worth the extra cost especially when we had to ask for the water. We ate in the Italian restaurant one evening and I had the worst bowl of risotto I have ever tasted. When I complained the manager told me it was a very popular dish that was obviously not to my taste. I wish I had pointed out to the manager that a customers taste is not for him to pass opinion on. He is not Gordon Ramsey and should remember some of his guests may be Michelin trained chefs!

• Stayed February 2014
6 Thank elihenderson
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear elihenderson, many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry to read that you did not find your bedroom to your expectations, we pride ourselves on providing clean and comfortable accommodation with modern amenities. Our Italian restaurant serves a contemporary menu made with fresh and locally sourced ingredients. I can assure you that your comments will be passed to the relevant departments to ensure that the quality and standards our guests expect are maintained. I hope that this will not deter you from returning to the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you soon.
Marske-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here for one night before catching a morning flight from Newcastle airport.
We were greated at the reception by a pleasant young man who gave us hot chocolate chip cookies.
We were shown to our room which was lovely however on inspection i noticed there was no bath. I like to have a bath so we rang down to ask if there was another room available with a bath. There was and we were shown to this room which was even nicer than the first. On top of that we were also given 2 vouchers for free drinks for the inconvenience!
We ordered breakfast early, about 6am but as room service with a hot breakfast had not started yet and i wanted to eat in my room my husband was able to go down to the restaurant and bring me back a hot breakfast. The hotel was a stones through from the Airport terminal and very good value for money. We will definatley stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was the second time we've used the park and fly deal. Had another fantastic meal in the hotel, looked after by friendly efficient staff, then had a lovely sleep in the big comfy bed. We were flying to Malaga at 7 am and live 1hr from the airport so for us this really is the easiest way to have a short break abroad, and it is the only way we will ever do it again (if it's an early flight...) Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolsington
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airpor...
#69 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
#8 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#7 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Malmaison Newcastle
Malmaison Newcastle
#15 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport? Share your experiences!