“best place for airport”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woolsington
stockton on tees, United Kingdom
“best place for airport”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

this has to be the best next to hotel that i have stayed at,the staff were excellent and the rooms fantastic,i have stayed at a lot of hotels near airports and this is the best.This hotel is close to the metro centre for all those last minute things that the wife has forgotten.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed in the Double Tree on the 24th Aug for 1 night ready for my early morning holiday. The reception staff where very professional and curtious, we where given room 228, first apperance welcoming and comfortable. I checked out the bathroom and found this also very clean and I was very happy with the overall apperance. The only downfall I found in the room was the shower, I was shocked to find the shower floor sealant was all black mould spores, the hotel is quite new and its a simple task to repair, only a matter of taking up the old sealant and renewing, I did have a very comfortable stay and would have given an excellent report but for this minor detail, I also went to the restaurant and will give a review also.

Room Tip: Only had the one room?
2 Thank Trackerh
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We had a very early flight from Newcastle, we had been travelling for a few weeks and were fe up with airport hotels, this was the easiest hotel out of all the airport hotels we have stayed at, you can actually walk across the road and you are there.......so easy!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Marinad114
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I just stayed at this hotel to celebrate our anniversary. We were a bit dubious about staying at an airport hotel but I must say it was an excellent choice. We were handed a warm cookie each on check in and the friendly front of house manager asked us if we were going on holiday. When I explained that we were staying for our anniversary she produced vouchers for two free drinks. The room was lovely, the bed comfy and it had a huge flatscreen TV and a fridge. We had cocktails in the bar followed by dinner in the Italian restaurant. I thought the food was great and we were brought two complimentary cocktails by our waitress who wished us a happy anniversary. I hadn't told her that it was so that must have been the lady that checked us in. Just as we were finishing our food the restaurant manager also came over to say happy anniversary. Excellent service and they made us feel really special.

1 Thank adamtoonarmy
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a modern, clean property within two minutes walk of the airport. A recent business trip put mr in Newcastle for two nights with wan early morning departure so the location was great. Friendly staff, decent restaurant and bar. Rooms were clean and modern,,although th bathroom is pretty cramped.

Interesting note, a Hilton Honors Gold member gets a free breakfast coupon, but their companion in a separate room booked on the same reservation has to pay. It's £10 in advance or £15 if you walk in, so plan ahead.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ken S
United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in deluxe room it's very roomy nice welcome. If u want to have room service they take a £50 deposit which whatever isn't used can be put back onto ur card. The room has iron ironing board and fridge and coffee making facilities. You get the warmest cookie welcome when u check in there are delicious. Bathroom nice and spacious. Considering we are next to airport I've only heard one plane not bad.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DCorbishley
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have stayed a a lot of hotels in my time. I would never have thought about staying at a Hilton brand prior to this trip as I thought it would be too expensive. I got a flight + hotel deal with British Airways so was pleased to get such a well respected hotel brand as my accommodation and at an affordable price too.

As with anybody my experience started at check in. Despite being gone midnight the staff member was polite, attentive and friendly. Apparently they are meant to give you a warm cookie on arrival which I never received but I am not too bothered about that.

The room was clean, spacious and the decor was suitably neutral. The bed was very comfortable and the linen was clean and fresh. The room has a few quirks, a laptop safe, 2 telephones, a decent size TV and a mini fridge. Genuinely a really nice room to stay in.

The only annoyance regarding the room was the air conditioning. It was a little on the noisy side for starters but more to the point the air con only worked when you left your key card in the reader. This meant that if going downstairs for dinner your room could not be kept cool. As this was a particularly warm few days it was a little uncomfortable heat wise in the rooms at first. Though this wasn't a big deal and a minor inconvenience when considering the overall good standards this hotel delivers.

I used room service a couple of times, food was served quickly, and was generally to a good standard.

The breakfasts were mediocre. Low quality sausages and bacon which for the price was disappointing. Though this said it was edible, hot and still better than a Travelodge breakfast!

The key defining difference between this hotel and others was the high standard of customer service delivered by the staff. I stayed for 4 nights, and had interactions with various members of staff. All of them delivered a uniform high standard of service, listening to my needs and acting accordingly. Night or day the staff were really good and a credit to the management and chain.

I would highly recommend this hotel. Its location is great - about 100 metres from the airport terminal and metro station. Despite being in a noisy area the rooms were well sound proofed. My room faced the oncomming air traffic into teh airport and you could barely hear it.

So in all - great rooms, clean hotel, top staff, perfect location - food good but could do with a few improvements.

Room Tip: Not sure where is best I think I was 3rd floor and was perfectly happy with my room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolsington
Premier Inn Newcastle Airport Hotel
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airpor...
#69 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Novotel Newcastle Airport
Novotel Newcastle Airport
#33 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#7 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport? Share your experiences!