All the usual Premier Inn virtues are here - comfortable beds, good shower, excellent filling breakfast, friendly staff.
Two things rather spoiled things - one was aircraft noise which the double-glazing didn't totally keep out. But at an airport hotel one must expect that. More serious was that my room was too warm - too hot to sleep under the duvet, but not warm enough to discard it. The thermostat seemed stuck at 21.5 when I'd have preferred 17 or 18. I've never had this problem at a Premier Inn before so maybe it was a once-off.
The metro into central Newcastle is only yards away - a great bonus. Trains run late if you want a night out in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Newcastle Airport South hotel is an ideal stopover if you're jetting in or out, visiting Newcastle or the local area. We're only 0.3 miles from the airport and 200 yards from Callerton Parkway Metro station leading to Newcastle City Centre. After time spent in the air or out and about exploring, retire to our spacious rooms and ultra comfy beds. Whether your stay is for business or leisure we have you covered and with free parking for hotel guests it doesn't get much more convenient than a flying visit to Premier Inn Newcastle Airport South. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Newcastle Airport (South) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Newcastle Airport (South) Hotel Woolsington
- Premier Inn Newcastle Airport (South) Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne/Woolsington