Newforge House
Seagoe Hotel(Portadown)
US$180
US$174
Travelocity
Premier Inn Lisburn Hotel(Lisburn)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
US$163
CrownePlaza.com
US$123
Hotels.com
All reviewsdrawing roomhis teamcheese boardcheeseboardfour poster bedfirst classlocal producea real treatwonderful fooddining roomon arrivalwonderful visitfamily homeafternoon teadietary requirementsopen firefantastic place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was our second stay at Newforge and it was perfect. We stayed in the Hanna room and I felt like a princess! The bed was so comfortable I almost didn't want to get up. The team John has put together are amazing. Nothing is too much trouble they are all so welcoming. John is not only a great host and an amazing chef he is just such a nice person with a wonderful sense of humor! There are not enough superlatives to describe the food. It was one of the best meals I have ever had in any country I have visited. It is no wonder John and Newforge have won so many awards. Thanks to everyone at Newforge House for the amazing stay and can't wait for our third stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great really like the Hanna room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MhaighEo
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I have visited Newforge House many times on business and each time is better than the last.
John and his superb team are the epitome of hospitable and the attention to detail is incredible.
The rooms are beautifully furnished and decorated with the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

Some of the best meals I have had were here. Wonderful locally sourced produce and Lou's homemade biscuits are a must!!
I miss my trips to Newforge having changed jobs and I need to find another reason to visit soon!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HazelH70
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the Newforge House during a five day journey through Northern Ireland/Ireland. Scheduled to have a day in Belfast we wanted to find a nice place to stay outside the city. Newforge fit the bill and was absolutely lovely. The owner John (also the amazing chef!) set the right tone from the moment we called to enquire about a reservation. His relaxed and warm personality shone through immediately and we knew we had made the right choice to book with Newforge. Upon arrival we were greeted by Ashleigh and shown to a lovely room on the 3rd floor. The house has some lovely grounds, a quiet location, and beautiful CHICKENS! The house is wonderful, very comfortable and decorated beautifully. It is also lovely to think that John and his family have owned this home through many generations. Drinks were served at 8pm, followed by a delicious dinner where they even accomodated our 13 year old semi-vegetarian son's request. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. A very peaceful sleep can be had by all. Breakfast was incredibly filling (especially after the enormous dinner the night before) and the whole experience just lovely. Irish hospitality at it's best. Newforge House should be on your list of places to stay if you are in the Belfast area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauren G
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We fully endorse the previous reviewers' views. Newforge House was the best place we stayed during our trip around Northern Ireland in May this year. John opened the door to us when we arrived, warmly welcoming us by name. We were offered a range of teas to chose from in a cosy drawing room, after we'd been shown to our beautiful room overlooking the equally beautiful garden. The bathroom was spacious and well-appointed, with thick towels. we chose to dine at Newforge House on the first night - John is also the chef - and found the meal very fine. As we were spending the next day in Belfast, John recommended a restaurant in the city, (Mourne Seafood Bar) where we had excellent lobster, which was surprisingly reasonably priced. We wished we had had more time to spend at Newforge, and would recommend it unreservedly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MTM220350
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I spend a lot of my working week in very average hotels and I am, by and large delighted to see the back of them. Uncomfortable beds, bouncy pillows, tired bathrooms all rounded off by disappointing and mediocre breakfasts.
Then I came across New Forge House on a recent trip to just outside Belfast. Here is an oasis of a converted home seeped in its family history of the last century and more. You'll sleep like you never have before, wish oh wish you never had to get out of your four poster bed and take your head of your feather pillows ordered from the pillow menu, and feast on a breakfast you'll always remember with eggs from the chickens in the garden. I had a drink before dinner in the drawing room looking out over the peaceful garden which brims with clashing coloured rhododendrons and had a remarkable dinner cooked by John the owner and chef.
This is the place early nights and blissful sleep were made for, and any excuse you can raise to go back.

Room Tip: Honestly any of them
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business