“Clean and good value”

Ranked #4 of 9 Carrbridge B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Clean and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I stayed for one night on a business trip and paid £30 for b&b, which can only be good value in this day and age. My room 'Garten' was at the rear of the hotel and the double bed basically filled it. I did not mind this as the primary reason to be there was to have a good sleep which was easily achieved on the comfy bed. Adjustable convector heating, tea, coffee, flat screen TV and en suite with a small electric shower were all available, clean and in good working order. Breakfast was basic but again more than acceptable given the price.
The hotel has a habit of leaving unoccupied room doors open, so I can say that other rooms were more spacious and looked equally clean and tidy as mine.
In the evening I ate a bar meal in the busy pub attach to the hotel. I enjoyed the warmth of the log fire and the ambience but to be honest the home made burger I had tasted a bit funny, as if it was going off? I was so hungry that I did not make anything of this but I did leave most of it. I watched others eating the same with no complaint, so maybe it was just mine.
Overall a clean and pleasant establishment, comfortable stay and I would recommend it for what it is.

Room Tip: There is nothing behind the hotel, so go to the rear for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ewen S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

this was my 4th visit and once again another wonderfull stay thanks to gareth and his wonderfull team ,food great as always.will be back in the summer with the family as they enjoyed it so much last time they were there and were not happy nana and grandad went on there own without them.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed in the family room 2adults 3 kids very clean comfy and big enough for us and small dog . Upon arival we were greeted by Gareth the owner very nice friendly guy very helpful good sign . We all went down for dinner where the staff were also very friendly and helpful food was very good too and very good value for money we were there for the bells and stayed new years day barstaff and local people very friendly breakfast menu very good anything u asked for u got we had room above bar and we slept well couldnt hear any noise and the bar was very busy with live music from 2 brothers gilly and fergie two very gud musicians would recomend this hotel to anyone and as i said we will be bak thanks Gareth for our stay ....

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank glasgowfamily2011
Carp, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

This hotel was just what we needed after driving from Skye in the pouring rain. It was warm and welcoming and provided a perfect Scottish dream stay ! The owner was friendly and greeted us like long lost family ! We had dinner here too in their dining area which had a fireplace and cosy bar area. We were very pleased - breakfast was really good too - only about a million calories ! Whew ! Would love to stay longer next time as the area looked quite interesting.

Room Tip: I dont know if there is a bad room ! Ours was cosy and had antique and modern touches with a fabulou...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Crieff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

We booked a family room for a much needed one night break. When we arrived we were a bit disappointed to find the bar absolutely heaving, and it never eased up. We ate in a dining room off the bar, which was OK, but it lacked the cozy character which we had been anticipating. Our room was tatty - sorry, I cannot understand how there are so many rave reviews if the other rooms are in a similar state. But we would have put up with all of this and been content, as the staff were very friendly and attentive. Sadly the residents' lounge (complete with the open fire we were all looking forward to collapsing beside) had been taken over for a private function and was not available.

Unfortunately there was a further serious sting in the tail for us. Unbeknown to us, our booking coincided with their Halloween Party, which took place in the bar, which was pretty well directly underneath our room, displaced by a couple of feet. Having been walking in the hills, the whole family was exhausted and retired to bed at 9.30pm, only to be woken at 10.00pm by the live band kicking off immediately below. This and the further loud music didn't stop until past 2.00am. Now, I don't have a problem with the hotel throwing a Halloween Party, but I think it's really sneaky to take the money for our room and give not one word of warning, or offer to move us to a quieter room. At check out I did actually complain (which doesn't come easily to me and doesn't happen often). The girl at check out was very apologetic. I asked to speak to the Manager, but he wasn't available, so I left a message asking him to get in touch with me urgently. The girl assured me he would. But he hasn't yet, and I've delayed 6 weeks to post this review in the hope that he would.

You can choose to ignore this review, because there are so many good ones of this place - that's why we booked. But if it was you who paid good money to, in effect, sleep in a club environment, and then got no recognition or care for your discomfort afterwards, you'd be as p'd off as me. My advice, don't book online, ring the hotel and get their assurance that there are no events going on to disrupt your stay. Only with this assurance should you book.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mordrydd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

Had another very enjoyable stay here, room warm and comfortable, good food and relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Real ales and open fire very welcoming. A real home from home. Hopefully be back again soon.

Stayed November 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

I will most definitely go back if we are near Carrbridge again, we where staying at a self catering place a mile away and used this beautiful and very friendly pub for excellent evening meals and tried several of the excellent beers,
The service was very good and very friendly (just as it was when we stayed here 18 months ago) We had agreat holiday and to have a place like this to go to in the evening was the icing on the cake, also very friendly locals.
Thank you very much.
Reg & Lynn
PS our two dogs loved sitting in front of the blazing open fire
Bandit & Elly

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrbridge
Dalrachney Lodge Hotel
#2 of 3 in Carrbridge
Carrmoor Guest House
Carrmoor Guest House
#2 of 9 in Carrbridge

Been to Cairn Hotel? Share your experiences!