“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 8 Carrbridge B&B and Inns
Tarves, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed here on my own for 2 nights in January and was very impressed. Scott and Jadine were great, the room was spotless and comfortable and breakfast was excellent. Will definitely go back again either with family or even better sneak away on my own again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dylan G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Windermere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My son and I stayed in the twin room for one night. We had a friendly welcome, the place is spotless, the breakfast was good and they were very helpful with my gluten-free requirement. Scott and Jadine are very friendly and I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B. I would like to add that Scott went out of his way to find me in a nearby village and reunite me with my old mobile that I had dropped in the car park. That's what I call service!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Troutbridge
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a Saturday night in January 2014 - we were away for a short break in the Highlands. We were both impressed by the standard and value offerred by this B&B. The owners were welcoming, flexible and friendly. The room was immaculately clean as was the rest of the house. The breakfast was of a very good standard - they were very helpful in regards to providing a vegetarian option for my wife. I note the previous reviews which talk of feeling as if you're in someone else's house - my impression is that this is kind of par for the course with bed and breakfasts, and down to personal choice/preference. We did not feel particularly crowded and found them to be completely appropriate. At £60 for the night it represents excellent value. The 4pm check in time is maybe slightly late - although understandable given the fact that it's run by a busy young couple! Definite thumbs up.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 1 - although we didn't see the others it was of a good standard and we would r...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank danieljmartin
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight here recently and had a fantastic time. The b&b, located near Landmark is very modern with spacious rooms. The couple that own the place are very friendly and hospitable and went out of there way to make us feel welcome. There is a wide selection of DvDs that you can borrow to watch in your room, which was good for some late afternoon down time. The breakfast in the morning was cooked to order, was very tasty and they are able to accommodate any dietary requirements. The price was competitive and excellent value for money. We would definitely recommend it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JMart2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Through work I travel to various parts of the UK and stay in many hotels and B&B's. An-Sealgair is by far the most comfortable and friendly place I have stayed and I plan to stay here during my winter breaks when the snow arrives. Compared to similarly priced Hotels/B&B's in Aviemore you get much more for your money and you are only a 5 min drive away from Aviemore town centre.

I have stayed here on many occasions through work and I have been in most if not all the rooms which are fantastic, do not be fooled by one of the more negative reviews. Scott and Jadine are very accommodating and do a great job at running a great B&B.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. One room is for a family (bunk beds for kids), another is a twin and my favouri...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stuart139
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We were made very welcome by Scott on arrival. His advice on what to see and do in the area was great & he was very willing to help out with anything we asked. He even scrapped the ice off our car in the morning! His breakfasts were delicious. We also liked the fact there was a microwave that could be used by guests so we could heat up our own dinner one night. We went to the local pub for dinner the other night which was also great.

The room itself was comfortable and clean. We did feel however, that at times we were staying in the spare room of someone's house rather than a guest house. The stay was still very enjoyable and would recommend to anyone (apart from those allergic to cats).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah G
Penicuik, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We were made very welcome by the lovely couple that ran the b&b. The room & en-suite were very clean & comfortable, we had a great nights sleep. Nothing was a problem, breakfast was great & the service was excellent! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Alanandliz0315
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrbridge
Dalrachney Lodge Hotel
#2 of 8 in Carrbridge
Ardlogie Guest House
Ardlogie Guest House
#1 of 29 in Aviemore

Been to An Sealgair? Share your experiences!