“Lovely, comfortable and friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carrbridge
Bed and Breakfast at MellonPatch
Ranked #4 of 8 Carrbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed there for a couple of nights when we in Scotland for our honeymoon in the fall of 2011. I'm pretty sure we had the "green room". The breakfasts were great and the view from the dining room was lovely with birds and squirels entertaining us. Robert Bateman pictures from the states were in multiple places. A nice country cozy feeling to the place. The bed was a bit small but that seems to be the norm in B&Bs in Scotland. The hostess was lovely, helpful and friendly. Across the street from trails and woods. Not far from the "downtown" of Carrbridge.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 May 2013

What a little gem. Well positioned for the village, a short walk away. Jane is a most welcoming lady offering clean, comfortable and homely accommodation. You won't walk away hungry as there is plenty on the breakfast menu. Excellent local eating places for evening meals.

Room Tip: Take your pick from the differently coloured rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank June S
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Just returned from great break in Carrbridge. B& B could not be better. Jane is a wonderful and knowledgeable host who cannot do enough for her guests. Lovely area and great base for our first trip to the Highlands. Best breakfast EVER!! Marian and Georgina.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marian O
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The location is perfect, not far from the main road Ullapool tot Edinburgh, yet quiet. Everything in this B & B is in tip top order. The breakfast is as abundant as the usual full scottish breakfast but has great quality. The best part is that all the guests are sitting at the same large table, and it is an excellent opportunity to meet and speak other people, while outside squirrels are playing on the lawn.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We have been to stay with Jane at The MellonPatch three times now...and it's just fantastic! What can we say? Rooms are lovely, homely, spotless and spacious. Jane is astounding, I have never met someone with so much energy and zest, she amazes me. Nothing is too much trouble, always smiling, welcoming and accommodating. I always have to have a lie-down after breakfast...as much as you can manage out of melon and strawberries, cereal, porridge and a full Scottish! You couldn't get better than this, we feel homesick after leaving.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nikkithomas29
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I am French and I wanted to surprise my grandparents and my uncle by booking this B & B. So, all age groups are represented and loved it! Jane is an angel really, super helpful, very nice and we felt like home. This is one of the best B & B I've seen I really recommend it. The place is perfect, very quiet, you could see the squirrels in the morning. Moreover, in the village there is a pub (which I recommend to eat or drink a beer with a great atmosphere) or a restaurant. In short a perfect evening really, the hardest part was leaving the morning after excelling Scottish breakfast. Again thank you Jane!I am French and I wanted to surprise my grandparents and my uncle by booking this B & B. So, all age groups are represented and loved it! Jane is an angel really, super helpful, very nice and we felt like home. This is one of the best B & B I've seen I really recommend it. The place is perfect, very quiet, you could see the squirrels in the morning. Moreover, in the village there is a pub (which I recommend to eat or drink a beer with a great atmosphere) or a restaurant. In short a perfect evening really, the hardest part was leaving the morning after excelling Scottish breakfast. Again thank you Jane!

Room Tip: Very quiet and lovely home !
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Yoann B
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We have stayed with Jane numerous times and the welcome gets warmer each year! This is the perfect B & B, picturesque and quiet location, off street parking, beautiful rooms with very comfy beds. The breakfasts are all you can wish for and will definately set you up for the day ahead. The cheeky red squirrels feeding outside the dining room window are always a winner! The Mellon Patch is exceptional value for money and one night is never enough! Would highly recommend. We will definately be back soon.

Room Tip: all the rooms are equally lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrbridge
Dalrachney Lodge Hotel
#2 of 8 in Carrbridge
Carrmoor Guest House
Carrmoor Guest House
#1 of 8 in Carrbridge

Been to Bed and Breakfast at MellonPatch? Share your experiences!