The Mellon Patch is fantastic because of the following:
- a wonderful host, Jane
- a stunning location on the river which you can hear rushing by
- fantastic breakfasts (including porridge)
- great artwork in the house
- a five minute walk to what is now one of my favourite pubs in UK and definitely my favourite in Scotland. Great food, fantastic atmosphere, mostly locals.
- the yellow room
- the hiking in the Cairngorm mountains which is beautiful and easily accessible from here
Usually I harp on in these reviews about why a place was so good. In this case I would just recommend you try it because it's just one of those places. I wouldn't hesitate to say it's the best option in the area by far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have comfortable, friendly and affordable accommodation in Carrbridge, near Aviemore and the Cairngorms, at the heart of Scotland's beautiful Strathspey (Speyside) and Highland country. Sumptuous Bed and Breakfast in a beautiful, traditional, Scottish Highland village, Carrbridge. Five minutes off the A9, the main artery through Scotland's Highlands. Two minutes from the Carrbridge Train Station on the Edinburgh - Inverness route. Easy access from Edinburgh and Glasgow to the South and from Inverness to the North. Ten minutes from Aviemore, the Cairngorm and Monadhliath mountains. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast At MellonPatch Carrbridge, Scotland