All reviewsporridgethe pubhaggis and black puddingthought of everythingseveral optionsnice guest loungerecommend this b b to anyonegreat hostsbreakfast was deliciousensuite roomspent nights herea lovely stayfeel so welcometea and coffee making facilitiesoff road parkinglocal knowledgewould stay again
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I booked a night at the Craigellachie Guest House based on reviews and price. I was spending a week on the Cairngorms (volunteering at Abernethy) and I thought I might need an extra day to see everything I’d planned to. The fact that breakfast was included and there was parking helped me to make my decision.
I was greeted by the owners, James and Maria, who were very friendly and welcoming. James actually raced outside to prevent a dog from being run over, while in the process of checking me in, and they both then made efforts to track down the owner (which they eventually did), which just goes to show what nice people they are.
WiFi was included and I was given the breakfast menu on arrival to place my order for the morning.
I had booked a single room, which had a separate (but private) bathroom. The bathroom was very spacious and toiletries were provided. The bedroom was adequately sized and included plenty of storage and also tea and coffee making facilities.
When I went down for breakfast in the morning James was very chatty and interesting to talk to. (Maria was in the kitchen). The breakfast was lovely and I was given plenty of tea! I opted for the cooked breakfast but there were cereals also.
The only slight negative was that I got woken a few times in the night by people in the street shouting or talking loudly, who I suspect had left the pub next door (the Cairn Hotel). I had the window open, because it was so hot, and I’m not sure the pub had a strict closing time, as people were leaving at all sorts of hours. There’s probably not much James and Maria can do about this - except maybe ask the Cairn Hotel to put up signs reminding people that they’re in a residential area. I’m just glad I wasn’t staying at the Cairn Hotel - I probably wouldn’t have got any sleep.
I would recommend the Craigellachie Guest House to others and I would stay again (although I might pay extra for a room at the side or back). Great value, great hosts, great breakfast. Thank you James and Maria.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
MariaTS22, Owner at Craigellachie Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you ever so much for this glowing review; we are thrilled that your stay was a happy experience; we endeavour to make our guests welcome and comfortable.
Our breakfasts are popular and again it is our aim to make them fresh and fulfilling ready for the day's activities.
The dog was returned to its owner and all ended well.
It was unfortunate about the noise from some persons during the night. This is a rare occurrence and it turns out to be a result of a party in the area. The village is silent during the night, so, any noise seems to be magnified. We are unable to do anything about such occurrences; however, the Cairn does make every effort to avoid such disturbances. We apologise for the loss of sleep.
We do hope that you return someday, there will always be a warm welcome awaiting you.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2018

James & Maria are so welcoming and friendly without being too in your face, perfect! Their guest house is clean and cosy with all these lovely little touches that make your stay just that little bit better than most. Breakfast is good, arrives hot, lots of choice, the dinning room is lovely and they have marmite!

Room Tip: Ask for en-suit if it's important to you, the private bathrooms are lovely with robes supplied
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
MariaTS22, Owner at Craigellachie Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are thrilled that your stay was so enjoyable, and that you like marmite, too! Our breakfasts are a perfect start to an active day out in the Highlands. We are always happy to offer advice on places to visit in this wonderful area. We do hope that you return soon; a very warm welcome awaits you.
All the best, James and Maria

Reviewed 10 July 2018

As usual a great welcome and chat with James and Maria. Very comfortable as always and a great breakfast to send us on our way south. This is a gem of a place and very relaxed comfortable and a great base to explore from.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet at the back of the property. But hey its really quiet here anyway.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
MariaTS22, Owner at Craigellachie Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hello Martin,

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it. We were so happy to see you and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We endeavour to make all of our guests happy when staying with us and it is lovely to catch up with news. We hope to see you again soon.
All the best,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Friendly welcome. Room was compact but all clean and tidy. Nice en-suite. Breakfast was good, fruit juice and coffee were served rather than help your self. Plenty of room for parking. Just down the road from the pub.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MariaTS22, Owner at Craigellachie Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for your review, we enjoyed meeting you. We endeavour to make everyone welcome here and to make their stay a happy experience. Serving breakfasts is our speciality and the foods are sourced locally. Our rooms are comfortable and very clean too. Carrbridge offers a couple of eating places and we recommend them all to all guests. We hope the remainder of your vacation was also enjoyable.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Our stay here was nothing less than perfect. We had just arrived from the US, drove from Edinburgh, no time to eat along the way. James and Maria were such great hosts, they immediately sent us off to eat at the local pub after they called ahead for us to make sure they wouldn't stop serving dinner. Unfortunately this was just a one night stop for us, we would like to have enjoyed the hospitality and comfort a bit longer. The room was very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and very filling. Thank you James and Maria!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
MariaTS22, Owner at Craigellachie Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely, lovely review. James and I were only too happy to make your stay comfortable and happy. It was our pleasure to help with dinner, we know that some of our guests find it difficult to adjust to Scottish timings. The Cairn Hotel next door is a wonderful pub and pub restaurant and they like to ensure that visitors are cared for, too. We were only too happy to help in this instance; a great start to your Highland holiday. We hope the rest of your holiday was a fabulous experience and that you may return someday.
We send our best wishes,