All reviewsporridgethe pubhaggis and black puddingthought of everythingseveral optionsnice guest loungerecommend this b b to anyonegreat hostsbreakfast was deliciousensuite roomspent nights herea lovely stayfeel so welcometea and coffee making facilitiesoff road parkinglocal knowledgewould stay again
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I was after somewhere a cosy and comfortable after a couple of weeks travelling, and this guest house was it for me. James and Maria were so helpful with suggesting local walks, but their house was also so well presented, clean and super cosy. I had such a comfortable stay here. I also LOVED their veggie haggis in my breakfast, I am still trying to figure out how to make it for when I get back home! I would recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
MariaTS22, Owner at Craigellachie Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are really happy that your stay was a very happy, comfortable and restful experience. It is our pleasure to ensure that everyone experiences the best during their stay. The veggie haggis is superb and we are happy when guests try and like it, too.
We hope that you return to the Highlands someday, a warm welcome will await you.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We had a very warm welcome upon arrival. Got some great tips for hikes in the neighbourhood. Great food, likewise service, fine room. Only drawback is the immense racket the shower makes. It takes a while to get going but then it is fine.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
MariaTS22, Owner at Craigellachie Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for the review, we are happy that we could offer great advice about hikes in the area, they are all beautiful.
The shower does make noise; however, it is a power shower and it draws the hot water from the back of the house. The noise is unavoidable and it does decrease after a short time; a common occurrence in old Scottish houses.
We hope you are enjoying the rest of your vacation.
Best regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I booked a night at the Craigellachie Guest House based on reviews and price. I was spending a week on the Cairngorms (volunteering at Abernethy) and I thought I might need an extra day to see everything I’d planned to. The fact that breakfast was included and there was parking helped me to make my decision.
I was greeted by the owners, James and Maria, who were very friendly and welcoming. James actually raced outside to prevent a dog from being run over, while in the process of checking me in, and they both then made efforts to track down the owner (which they eventually did), which just goes to show what nice people they are.
WiFi was included and I was given the breakfast menu on arrival to place my order for the morning.
I had booked a single room, which had a separate (but private) bathroom. The bathroom was very spacious and toiletries were provided. The bedroom was adequately sized and included plenty of storage and also tea and coffee making facilities.
When I went down for breakfast in the morning James was very chatty and interesting to talk to. (Maria was in the kitchen). The breakfast was lovely and I was given plenty of tea! I opted for the cooked breakfast but there were cereals also.
The only slight negative was that I got woken a few times in the night by people in the street shouting or talking loudly, who I suspect had left the pub next door (the Cairn Hotel). I had the window open, because it was so hot, and I’m not sure the pub had a strict closing time, as people were leaving at all sorts of hours. There’s probably not much James and Maria can do about this - except maybe ask the Cairn Hotel to put up signs reminding people that they’re in a residential area. I’m just glad I wasn’t staying at the Cairn Hotel - I probably wouldn’t have got any sleep.
I would recommend the Craigellachie Guest House to others and I would stay again (although I might pay extra for a room at the side or back). Great value, great hosts, great breakfast. Thank you James and Maria.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Thank you ever so much for this glowing review; we are thrilled that your stay was a happy experience; we endeavour to make our guests welcome and comfortable.
Our breakfasts are popular and again it is our aim to make them fresh and fulfilling ready for the day's activities.
The dog was returned to its owner and all ended well.
It was unfortunate about the noise from some persons during the night. This is a rare occurrence and it turns out to be a result of a party in the area. The village is silent during the night, so, any noise seems to be magnified. We are unable to do anything about such occurrences; however, the Cairn does make every effort to avoid such disturbances. We apologise for the loss of sleep.
We do hope that you return someday, there will always be a warm welcome awaiting you.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2018

James & Maria are so welcoming and friendly without being too in your face, perfect! Their guest house is clean and cosy with all these lovely little touches that make your stay just that little bit better than most. Breakfast is good, arrives hot, lots of choice, the dinning room is lovely and they have marmite!

Room Tip: Ask for en-suit if it's important to you, the private bathrooms are lovely with robes supplied
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
MariaTS22, Owner at Craigellachie Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are thrilled that your stay was so enjoyable, and that you like marmite, too! Our breakfasts are a perfect start to an active day out in the Highlands. We are always happy to offer advice on places to visit in this wonderful area. We do hope that you return soon; a very warm welcome awaits you.
All the best, James and Maria

Reviewed 10 July 2018

As usual a great welcome and chat with James and Maria. Very comfortable as always and a great breakfast to send us on our way south. This is a gem of a place and very relaxed comfortable and a great base to explore from.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet at the back of the property. But hey its really quiet here anyway.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
MariaTS22, Owner at Craigellachie Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hello Martin,

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it. We were so happy to see you and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We endeavour to make all of our guests happy when staying with us and it is lovely to catch up with news. We hope to see you again soon.
All the best,